ECN Electrical Forum
Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152349 - 08/23/04 01:55 PM Old C.J.P. Radio equipment
pauluk Offline

Loc: Norfolk, England
Nostalgia seems as good an area as any for this.

I came across this interesting page showing a pictoral history of radio equipment used by the California Highway Patrol. To fellow radio nuts (er, I mean enthusiasts), enjoy!

http://www.mbay.net/~wb6nvh/chpradio.htm

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 08-23-2004).]

Super Rod Cable Installation Tools

Super Rod Cable Rod System
Super Rod Cable Rod System -
Voted
Best Product of the Last 50 Years by members of NICEIC

#152350 - 08/24/04 01:25 AM Re: Old C.J.P. Radio equipment
Big Jim Offline

Loc: Denver, CO USA
That stuff stirred some memories. I worked in the two-way industry off and on from the end of the dynamotor era thru the advent of the Micor. It was facinating to watch the progress. We moved recently and I didn't have space for all my old stuff so I reluctantly parted with a 1949 Motorla 1/4 kw base station.

#152351 - 08/25/04 02:37 PM Re: Old C.J.P. Radio equipment
pauluk Offline

Loc: Norfolk, England
Oops! I just noticed the typo in the subject line. I meant to say "C.H.P." of course.

I have all sorts of old radio gear stashed away in boxes and cupboards. Some of it hasn't been touched in several years, but I just can't bear the thought of getting rid of something that might be useful one day. Some people might think I'm strange for hanging onto 50-year-old spare parts, I suppose, but I've long since stopped worrying about what other people think of my hobbies.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 08-25-2004).]

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals