ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#152218 - 04/10/04 10:56 AM When Hubbell had a First Name
Admin Offline

Administrator
Loc: NY, USA
Quote:
Back long ago... there was a time when you could buy a Hubbell Receptacle for less than $10! In this time, They made none other than these.... This was also a time when Hubbell had a first name =)

-Randy (aka Lostazhell)

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 04-10-2004).]
Tools for Electricians:
#152219 - 04/12/04 08:35 AM Re: When Hubbell had a First Name
SvenNYC Offline
Loc: New York City
Yeah but aside from those lampholder-to-receptacle adapters, didn't Hubbell also made the standard sockets that are used with the brass plate you show?

Is the adapter made of hard rubber or plastic? Most of the ones I've seen are made of plastic...although I have a really old "Eureka" branded one that is made of what seems to be hard rubber.
#152220 - 04/14/04 10:32 PM Re: When Hubbell had a First Name
Lostazhell Offline
Loc: Bakersfield, CA (Originally Or...
Sven, I'm sure they did... Some of the oldest Hubbell stuff I've gotten are recept that I changed out of my aunts 1921 cabin east of San Diego.. I'm pretty sure they're original (T slotted) The lamp to recept socket is actually some type of ceramic.. I don't think it's porcelain, but it's definitely not plastic or bakelite... I found that in a late 40's house in the garage, running the garage door opener. It "looks" older than the house I found it in...

-Randy

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 51
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 17
Trumpy 16
Ruben Rocha 13

Newest Members
clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2, sureshazhagai

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals