ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Trumpy Offline OP
I had an e-mail from a guy just now that said just that in the subject line.
I would counter that with you are a long time dead my friend.
I got rid of the e-mail but if any of you are stupid enough to send me an e-mail like that, make sure you beat yourself stupid afterwards.
Because if you don't, I will.
Idiot. [Linked Image]
Safety eh?.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
S
Unreal he was most likely holding a light for someone else.We all have to do live work from time to time.I never brag about or think I am tough or any bs like that.I also never really lokk forward to it.Oh well he is most likely new in the trade.Everbody's got to be green once.I remember the first I put a fuse in a pad mounted x-frmr the exact moment I started to slide the fuse in a squirel bucked phases in the pot head right above me.Talk about bad timing.

Cat Servant
I like to say "There are BOLD electricians, and there are OLD electricians....but there are no OLD BOLD electricians!

I really think there is no room in the trade for those who "think with their hormones." I don't want those kind of "men" on my jobsite; I want responsible adults.

I once got a letter that had but one word :"Wuss." Now, I've received many letters where the author forgot to sign his message....but this was the first where he signed, but forgot to include his message!

S
I'd like to say, we've all had to do "Live Work" (bare handed) at some time or another. I've never worked anything above 480 live (bare handed)and would flat refuse to do so.
But, there are situations that arise such as emergencey's that require this. I do not like it! I do not condone it! I would never ask anyone else to do it!

Saying someone should be beat stupid is tuff talk from a keyboard, because I'd wager even you have done this.

Rob

[This message has been edited by sierra electrician (edited 03-12-2006).]

L
I don't think the point was that he worked 480 live,I'd bet most or many of us have. I think the problem was that he for some reason thinks he's a badass for doing so. Im my opinion he's a child and has no business in this field if hes a Jman or if hes a young apprentice he needs to mature.

Want to be a badass and impress me, work on what lineman work on energized.

Hey Surfing, Im south of you in Martin County.

[This message has been edited by LoneGunman (edited 03-12-2006).]

S
I hear gunman the things lineman do is amazing.My hats off to them.A lot of people bad mouth lineman because they see them taking a break or having a mellow day.If they only knew what those guy's face.

D
Someday his gravestone might read

"I was a man, who worked on 480 live"

When you don't respect electricity, it comes and gets you...

Dnk...

[This message has been edited by Dnkldorf (edited 03-12-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Dnkldorf (edited 03-12-2006).]

Graven on his headstone-

Here Lies Hardman.
By 480 He Was Struck.
Hardman.
Hardwired.
Hard Luck.

Wood work but can't!
Broom Pusher and

I'm a MAN, I work 480V Live!!

What an idiot!!! [Linked Image]

Sorry that some Joker sent you a message like that, Mike (Trumpy).

I bet your Girlfriend must have heard you yelling from across the House when you got that one in the Inbox!

What a Bozo!

It's baloney like that, spouting from Clowns like that dude, which makes it difficult to keep newcomers to the trade safe!

Just wonder what Hobbies a guy like this would have...

"I am a MAN!!!, I Circumcise Badgers for a Hobby!!!

Please excuse the above noted hobby activity - just the first thing coming to mind (kind of my default sarcastic remark - it gets a few laughs though!).

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Trumpy Offline OP
No skin off my nose.
If people want to send me e-mails like that, they'll get the standard reply:
Big Deal!, I can't help but feel that there is a village somewhere missing it's idiot.

This is one of the stranger ones as of late.
I don't recognise the e-mail address, but I'm pretty sure they aren't a member here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard