Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Recent Posts
Industrail Control Panel bonding per 409.108
by sparkyinak
Yesterday at 03:17 PM
Calling all Non-US members!! (Non-US only)
by aussie240
12/07/16 02:39 AM
Photo Upload Tutorial
by DanK
12/06/16 11:35 PM
Sprinklered equipment 26-008
by bigpapa
12/02/16 04:24 PM
On Delay Relay with Auto Reset
by Potseal
12/01/16 09:59 AM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 13
HotLine1 9
Texas_Ranger 8
sparkyinak 8
Trumpy 6
Who's Online
0 registered (), 192 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150219 - 12/06/04 07:26 PM Danner Boots for Electrical Work
bigkracka Offline

Loc: tx
I'm looking to get a pair of Danner Desert Acadias but I'm concerned about the puncture resistant steel insert. The soles are Vibram, are they safe for electrical work?

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
#150220 - 12/06/04 08:12 PM Re: Danner Boots for Electrical Work
OreElect Offline

Loc: Salem,Oregon.USA
Ive got a pair of Acadias,great boot. I think there as safe as most others. I wear the Radical 45s most of the time.There so comfortable.
http://www.danner.com/products.asp?catid=11&prodid=1887
I live about 45 minutes from the Danner factory so I usually go up there and buy them there

#150221 - 12/25/04 12:38 PM Re: Danner Boots for Electrical Work
bp-redbear Offline

Loc: NY
Sorry for the late response, and for kicking an old subject back to top.

I have a pair of Danner Acadia, black. Cannot recall if they are EH rated (Electrical Hazzard).

I have a pair of Matterhorn (Cove Shoe Co.) 10 in. Deluxe leather with composite safety toe. They are EH rated, and I believe that they have a steel shank. I believe their standard Deluxe non-safety toe have the same rating.

I know that Red Wing Shoes makes a wide selection of work boots that have the EH rating.

I wear my Danners for hiking, hunting, walking, recreation.

My Matterhorns are for work, with their insulation and safety toes, though they are so comfortable, I have worn them hunting. BEST boots I have ever worn.

Though, my Danners are awesome, too.

Was disappointed with the Red Wings I had, though. Maybe didn't fit right, but, their reputation is for comfort and durability. They seemed well made, but were not as comfortable as my Matterhorns or Danners. (12+ hours in my Matterhorns, felt like soft pillows still, good support, but, after 6 hours in the Red Wings, I was ready to go home).

This is in no way knocking Red Wing Shoes' boots, just my personal experience. As I said, maybe not a correct fit, every company may size differently.

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals