ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149755 - 02/01/04 10:19 AM First the dog walker...now the dog!!!!
SAFTENG Offline
Member
Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 136
Loc: Cincinnati, OH, USA
Is the industrial world REALLY this bad when it comes to electrical installations!!! News this past week that the lady walking her dog in NY was electrocuted by a improperly wrapped wire.


Dog electrocuted by 'live' lamppost

A dog has died after it urinated on a lamppost that had been made 'live' by faulty wiring.

Council officials in the Austrian capital Vienna were called out by the furious dog owner.

They confirmed the metal casing around the lamppost had been charged with electricity due to a loose wire.

Council spokesman Nikolaus Thiemann said: "It was not a large charge, it was under 100 volt which for a human with two legs on the ground and a good pair of shoes would probably not be dangerous.

"But a dog has better contact with the ground and in addition the ground was wet, so the charge earthed very

quickly."

The dog's owner had been walking his pet on a lead and stopped to allow the it to urinate.


Story filed: 11:15 Friday 30th January 2004
Top
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools

Member Spotlight
Member Since: 11/17/00
Posts: 2232
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box


Who's Online
0 registered (), 58 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
 
Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 49
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 18
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9
 
Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals