This is an old story I thought I'd share with you as it really shows how dangerous some things are.
About six years ago the older brother of one of my classmates got electrocuted. He was 14 at that time. After a party a few boys and girls his age passed by a small freight train station near Vienna. They were shooting at each other with soft guns and that guy thought he could aim better if he climbed atop a railway car. Well, gues what, he got too close to the 15kVAC catenary and burst into flames right in front of the eyes of his girlfriend.
This was when we all learned that getting closer than 1m (roughly 3 ft.) to a 15kV line is deadly.
That was about the scariest electricity related story I ever heard.