by Potseal
12/01/16 09:59 AM
Wow, that was close!
by jraef
11/28/16 07:06 PM
Earthquake in New Zeeland
by RODALCO
11/27/16 11:25 PM
Calling all Non-US members!! (Non-US only)
by Tjia1981
11/27/16 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 15
HotLine1 10
Trumpy 8
Texas_Ranger 8
sparkyinak 7
Who's Online
0 registered (), 223 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149121 - 07/09/03 07:09 AM Stuk in the Attic
BPHgravity Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte, Florida
I can't help but find this kind of funny, considering the man is okay and that no real harm was done. And, I know the feeling of being in a tight attic space in the middle of summer here in Florida!

Quote:
07/09/03
Cable installer trapped in attic

HARBOUR HEIGHTS -- Tuesday wasn't a good day for David Brown.

The cable installer, a subcontractor for Comcast, found himself stuck in an attic for a half-hour before he was rescued.

"I just crawled into a place I couldn't get out of," Brown said after he was freed by Charlotte County Fire & EMS. He was laying cable at a house on Chesterfield Road in the Harbour Heights area when he got trapped around 10 a.m.

The residents of the house, who were downstairs, realized Brown's predicament when they heard him yelling "I'm stuck, call 911!"

Fire & EMS arrived quickly. After analyzing the situation, they determined they could free Brown by cutting a non-load-bearing truss, said Fire & EMS spokeswoman Dee Hawkins.

The situation sounds comical -- until one considers the temperature. "If it's 90 (degrees) outside, it's 110 in the attic," said Steve Demay, a Comcast employee who was also laying cable at the house.

Brown was unharmed in the ordeal. Afterward, he lay on the driveway, recuperating.

"How hot do you think it was? It's an attic in Florida in July," he said. He got the rest of the day off.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
#149122 - 07/09/03 07:12 AM Re: Stuk in the Attic
pauluk Offline

Loc: Norfolk, England
 Quote:
If it's 90 (degrees) outside, it's 110 in the attic," said Steve Demay, a Comcast employee

I'd say if it's 90 outside it's probably quite a lot higher than 110 in the attic.

Wonder how on earth he got so firmly stuck?

#149123 - 07/09/03 01:58 PM Re: Stuk in the Attic
BuggabooBren Offline

Loc: NM
Heat-induced expansion?

#149124 - 07/09/03 05:52 PM Re: Stuk in the Attic
ThinkGood Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
 Quote:
Afterward, he lay on the driveway, recuperating.

Was that an asphalt driveway?

#149125 - 07/10/03 04:35 AM Re: Stuk in the Attic
Trumpy Offline

Loc: SI,New Zealand
Being on the Fire side of things,
about 3 years ago, we responded to a Plumber that was trapped in a roof-void(attic) and we ended up having to lift the roofing iron, to rescue him.
This happens a lot more than what is commonly realised, but add attic heat to the equation, what would have happened, if there was no-one in the house apart from the Tradesperson?.
I've been in the same situation, (becoming trapped in an attic space) and it isn't nice!.
You just have to relax, control your breathing, sit there and THINK, how can you get yourself out of this.
The worst thing you can do, is use up valuable body strength, trying to "bash" your way out!.
I used my Basic FF training from doing Breathing Apparatus courses(which are tight and HARD to manueover(sp?)through and you get stuck from time to time, but, there is a logical way out of everything!.

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals