Quote:
School Board Fined
9/19/2005

Source: Broadcast News

Sep 16, 2005 16:31 -- THUNDER BAY -- The Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board has been fined after an electrical accident left a man unconscious.

The board was fined 75-thousand dollars today for violating the Occupational Health and Safety Act.

An electrical shock knocked out a custodian last November.

The worker was plugging in a vacuum cleaner in a classroom when there was an arc of electricity and a crackly noise.

A Ministry of Labour investigation found the electrical outlet at St. Paul's School was damaged.

The custodian did not suffer any permanent injuries.

Two other people had also received shocks from the same outlet.

The school board pleaded guilty to failing to ensure the electrical outlet was maintained in good condition.
(supplied by Tony Moscioni)