ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#148281 - 05/04/04 06:55 PM Utility worker burned, loses fingertips
ThinkGood Offline
Registered: 08/07/02
Posts: 1081
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
CLIFTON - A utility worker received second-degree burns and lost fingertips Tuesday after an extension cord he was holding brushed a high-power line, authorities said.

The 43-year-old Pennsylvania man sustained a powerful jolt while using an electric wrench to remove a metal plate on a 15-foot-high transformer at Mount Prospect and Van Houten avenues, officials said.

Judy Ohl, a spokeswoman for Public Service Electric and Gas Co., said the worker looped an extension cord away from him and into a 230,000-volt line at 9:48 a.m.

Note: To view the article, you'll need to register. Note that an e-mail address is not required:

Link to article...

[This message has been edited by ThinkGood (edited 05-04-2004).]
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools

Member Spotlight
Member Since: 02/23/13
Posts: 204
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
2 registered (HotLine1, KrmtFrg), 55 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9
Newest Members
KrmtFrg, Stack, Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals