ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
TG,
Yeah, I saw something on the FireNet about these incidents.
Apparently, tests revealed that the compound was Sulphuric Acid from a Lead-Acid Gel-Cell Battery.
What a sick thing to do!. [Linked Image]

T
Acid!

That is way, way, extremely major sick.

I hope the catch whomever did it and give 'em and let the punishment fit the crime!

News report tonight, goes the way of, there are the same people, centre-ing on attacking clubs and pubs.
There is a very sick mind amongst us,what sort of an egg-head would look to burn a fellow human being.
Apparently, this person has a real dislike for the Female sex, well I would tend think this, as all of the attacks have been in Womens toilets.

P
That sound you hear is the shattering of British idea that New Zealand had somehow escaped the worst of modern times and was still like "The Britain of 40 years ago." [Linked Image]

Yes Paul,
You are darn right there!.
New Zealand in the last 10 or so years has become a rather nasty place to live in.
Would you believe that when I was 10 or 11 we used to be able to leave our houses wide open and go away for most of the day and return to the same house that you left.
Well, do that these days and you'd be lucky if there was even a house to come back to!.
I blame a good deal of this anti-social behaviour on drugs and lack of general self-discipline.

TG,
This storey has taken a very sad and sinister twist tonight.
In the public toilets in Ashburton here there was a victim of the very same burns as the people recieved in Christchurch.
Believe you me if I get hold of the person that is doing this, I'll choke the out of them!. [Linked Image]
We tried to get video cameras installed around the toilet areas looking for suspicious people(mainly graffiti writers), but the Civil Liberties Brigade said it would breach peoples Human Rights.
Uhhh???.
This just ain't working!

T
That's just plain sick! Part of the problem with news reports is that people get ideas and then start with "copycat" crimes. Yet, to not warn the public would not be good, either.

Darned if ya do, darned if ya don't.

I agree about the downward spiral. People don't want to accept responsibility for their actions anymore. Criminals seem to have more rights than victims, etc. Children get away with everything and anything in the schools.

M
Mike, it isn't any better over here in the good old USA. A burglar, breaking into your house can cut himself on the same window he broke, and sue you and collect from your homeowners insurance company. Over here, your Civil Liberties Brigade is called the A.C.L.U., or American Civil Liberties Union.

P
Part of the problem with news reports is that people get ideas and then start with "copycat" crimes.
The scary thing is that some of these "me too" creeps pop-up where you least expect them. Just after the Washington sniper incident a while back, there was a news report of a sniper prowling a small town (I forget which) in West Virginia, with all the locals shaking their heads in disbelief and saying "This sort of thing just doesn't happen here."

A burglar, breaking into your house can cut himself on the same window he broke, and sue you
The same in Britain, unfortunately. Worse yet, if you confront a burglar you find in your home and defend yourself, when the police eventually turn up, they are just as likely to arrest you for hitting the poor "innocent" intruder. [Linked Image]

Is this sort of nonsense going on everywhere, or is it confined mostly to English-speaking countries? Maybe we just don't hear of similar stories from elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard