ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147568 - 12/08/02 09:58 AM Women electrocuted in shower
SAFTENG Offline
Member
Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 136
Loc: Cincinnati, OH, USA
Women electrocuted in shower

09dec02

TWO elderly women were electrocuted in their showers at the weekend.

Lois Bach, 68, and Frances Norwood, 81, died in the showers of their adjoining units in a Sydney retirement village.
Both women were clutching the nozzles of their shower sprays, which were live with electricity.

Police discovered the tragedy at the Bayview village about 9.50pm on Saturday, after a friend of Ms Bach phoned them, concerned for her welfare.

Police were investigating whether water leaked through the slab below the units, seeping into electrical wiring in the concrete.

The building was built before power safety switches became compulsory, Superintendent Denis Clifford said.
Top
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools

Member Spotlight
Member Since: 04/03/02
Posts: 6776
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box


Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
 
Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9
 
Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals