Just a few days ago, Thursday, I think, I was installing fixtures in Spring House 9. While installing a sconce, I looked at the switch, saw that it was in the up position, flipped it down, a little voice in my head said "probe it" which I ignored... commenced to stripping the insulation on the black wire, and got the nastiest wet-handed hand to hand shock I have received in five or six years. My first thought was "3-Way, you idiot", I had wired the house myself! My hands were damp from a towelette from frequent washing of our hands to prevent fingerprints and dirt from becoming back-charges. Yesterday I was working late and had the main off and was still probing every box before stripping, cutting or pulling wirenuts off.
I also made sure I was wearing a shirt with a pocket to make the volt-probe ever-handy.
Stupid, stupid, stupid!
Yes, I always check my probe on known live and dead circuits before trusting it at all, and I never fully trust it as with any metering device... Just trying to avoid obvious concerns over such...
5 Star Inspections