WASHINGTON, D.C. - In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Valor Heating Ltd., of Birmingham, United Kingdom, is voluntarily recalling about 730 direct vent wall mount gas fireplaces. A design defect in the gas control assembly can allow main burner gas to prematurely enter the firebox during lighting. The ignition of this excess gas can cause the glass window to shatter, presenting the risk of burns or cuts from broken glass.

Valor has received one report of cuts to the consumer's face when the glass front of the fireplace shattered after excess gas ignited.
Click >> more info