ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147352 - 08/19/02 08:10 AM Child Burned By Theater's Wiring
SAFTENG Offline
Member
Registered: 09/04/01
Posts: 136
Loc: Cincinnati, OH, USA
Witnesses: Child Burned By Theater's Wiring
Tue Aug 13, 6:21 PM ET

A 7-year-old girl who was at a movie theater with a summer camp group ended up in the emergency room Tuesday afternoon, emergency medical workers said.

Witnesses at the theater said that the child was leaning against a conduit that runs along a wall in the AMC Theater on the corner of Sheridan Street and 49th Avenue when she was burned on her bottom. They said the girl was part of a large group of children at the theater to see a movie.

She was taken to the emergency room where she was treated and released.

The manager of the theater said that he called an electrician to the theater to repair the conduit. The manager said he inspects the wiring frequently because of concerns about liability.

The electrician, who later repaired the damaged conduit, said that the little girl was "lucky" not to have been hurt more seriously.
Top
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools

Member Spotlight
Member Since: 11/17/00
Posts: 2232
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box


Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
 
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
 
Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9
 
Newest Members
Scotto, Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals