WASHINGTON, D.C.- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is warning consumers about 155,000 Red Devil gas grills manufactured by e4L Inc., of Encino, Calif., and, Quantum North America Inc., of Encino, Calif. The product's design allows consumers to light the grill at an air intake tube, instead of at the burner. Though the grill appears to function normally, gas inside the air intake tube ignites. The tube can reach temperatures of up to 750 degrees Fahrenheit and present a burn hazard to consumers. In some earlier grills, the heat produced by lighting the grill at the air intake tube damaged the plastic support piece, and caused the grill to fall to the ground. When it collapses, flames from the grill can burn nearby consumers and ignite surrounding combustibles.

There have been 44 reports of consumers suffering burns to legs, hands and fingers, including reports of some third degree burns, after the grills collapsed during use. More than 1,000 consumers returned their grills to the manufacturers because the grills collapsed.

Click >> more info