Worker electrocuted on farm identified
Moses Lake _ A man who was electrocuted while installing an irrigation system on a farm 71/2 miles east of here was identified Wednesday as Ismael Reynosa Garcia, 28, of Moses Lake. The Grant County Sheriff's Office said Garcia was using a boom truck to lift the last section of an irrigation circle into place about 5:20 p.m. Tuesday when the boom touched an overhead power line. Garcia fell out of his bucket and the truck caught fire as the boom continued upward and brought the irrigation pipe into contact with two more power lines. Two co-workers were in contact with the truck when it was electrified, but they were able to break free. Sheriff's officials said Leonardo Oliden Murillo, 32, of Warden, and Jose Antonio Alcala-Macial, 21, of Moses Lake suffered minor burns on their hands. The workers were employed by Center Pivot Assembling Specialist, the Sheriff's Office said. The state Department of Labor and Industries is investigating the accident.
for more electrical accident news visit: http://www.safteng.net/Electrical%20Accidents.htm www.SAFTENG.net