Electrical worker critically burned
Published February 10, 2002, Chicago Tribune
A 44-year-old electrical contractor suffered severe burns on his face, neck and chest Saturday morning after an electrical short occurred as he was installing equipment at a Northbrook business, fire officials said. Michael Ziemba, whose address was not released, was in critical condition at Loyola University Medical Center with burns over 13 percent of his body, said hospital spokeswoman Sandra Martinez. No fire resulted from the incident at General Binding Corp., 1135 Skokie Blvd., and damage was limited to the electrical room, said Northbrook Fire Department spokesman Phil Costa.
archives for more electrical incidents.