ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#146623 02/11/07 04:25 PM
K
Kenbo Offline OP
Found this site tonight!

Nice to see our Lizzie doing her bit for the enviroment.
ROYAL GREEN INITIATIVES

Or was her fule bill just getting bigger each year?

Seriuosly though some intresting facts and figures. Just makes you realise how big the "Royal Household" is (employs more people than some companies)

kenny

der Großvater
#146624 02/11/07 06:58 PM
The Windsors have been quietly 'green' for decades, long before it became fashionable to the plebs in Parliament. Remember how the tabloids sneered at Charles' organic gardening at Highgrove and his 'talking to the flowers'? Not laughing now that the bloody Arctic is melting, are they?

Alan

Isn't the Queen your boss, Ken? [Linked Image]

Wood work but can't!
#146625 02/12/07 04:36 AM
K
Some of the greennouse gas reducing measures emloyed by the Windsors are incredibly modern and commendable. Nice One !

Who would have thought the crusty old royals would be greenies ? Cool !

#146626 02/12/07 05:43 PM
K
Kenbo Offline OP
Yep you are right. The Queen is my boss
Got a badge to prove it (Got the golden jubilee medal. For working for her more than 5 years previous to 2002)

What supprises me is our jail is undergoing a major refit. Old accomidiation blocks demolished new ones going up. (doubling capacity of inmates to 670) New office block and new hospital block, but where are the solar pannels? or the wind turbines? None installed

Staff are to get a new gymnasium and canteen, but they are taking away the sauna. Becouse it is not energy efficent so it does not meet goverment policy. Sory getting on my high horse again.

I just thought it was good to see someone with a high puplic profile actualy standing up and doing something. I would not consider myself to be a "Royalist" but credit where credit is due.

der Großvater
#146627 02/13/07 01:58 PM
If the thought should ever cross the Brit consciousness of changing our Queen for the delights of a "Republic", all I ask is that we all imagine the following possible future 'Presidents of Britain':-
Tony Wedgewood Benn
John Prescott [ 2 Rollers! ]
Boy George
Dianne Abbott
Harry Enfield
David Beckham
Tony Bliar
Lulu
Andrew Lloyd Webber
The Krankies
David Mellor
John Major
Sooty,
And me!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggg!!!!

Wood work but can't!
#146628 02/14/07 05:19 AM
K
Alan, if Sooty was PM then Sweep would have to be Deputy.

"Tony Bliar" ! ! ! Was that a typo or a clever anagram ?

#146629 02/14/07 10:36 PM
C
Get Edina and Patsy (of Ab Fab) to run England.

#146630 02/16/07 09:52 AM
K
Kenbo Offline OP
Alan
Dont know what you would be like to work for? Whould you send the kids round to check up on what im up to? Getting checked up on

As for Edina and Patsy running the country. Dont they do that already. No sorry thats Tony and Gordon. [Linked Image]

der Großvater
#146631 02/16/07 07:56 PM
P
Alan, if Sooty was PM then Sweep would have to be Deputy.
It would probably have to be Sue these days. Got to be "gender neutral" you know. [Linked Image]

"Tony Bliar" ! ! ! Was that a typo or a clever anagram ?
Might have been a typo on Alan's part, but it's certainly a deliberate spelling with many of us! Or B-Liar for emphasis, with the B--- extended to a suitably choice of adjective. [Linked Image]

Back to the royals though, don't forget that Buckingham Palace is to be kept permanently illuminated outside now. O.K., so perhaps with low-energy lamps, but let's face it: They don't need all that exterior floodlighting to see to take the Corgis out. Central London isn't exactly pitch black!
http://www.newscenter.philips.com/about/news/section-13674/article-15548.html

#146632 02/17/07 06:50 AM
Ken, thanks for the link, it looks like you are enjoying Princess Annes visit, [ if your hands are anything to go by [Linked Image] ], but I bet your superiors were nervous at the prospect of her inspecting the works with her rep for straight talking!

As 'President Al' I would get Tesco to run the Health Service and reduce Government to a Complaints Box. I'm in Gloucestershire now, on a rare visit to the UK. I might pop over to visit His Nibs this afternoon about my ideas on flogging newspaper editors for high treason.

A nice weekend to all my minions, especially in our Dominions and Colonies,

President Al the First

Wood work but can't!

Link Copied to Clipboard