by Potseal
12/01/16 09:59 AM
Wow, that was close!
by jraef
11/28/16 07:06 PM
Earthquake in New Zeeland
by RODALCO
11/27/16 11:25 PM
Calling all Non-US members!! (Non-US only)
by Tjia1981
11/27/16 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 15
HotLine1 10
Trumpy 8
Texas_Ranger 8
sparkyinak 7
Who's Online
1 registered (gfretwell), 225 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131967 - 10/27/04 01:18 PM weird email blockerer thingy
james S Offline

Loc: West England
recently my computer was infected with spy bugs, so i decided to down load some free protection programs.the fault when the bugs are doing there thing is i cant access my email inbox or sender page it just comes up with all kinds of adverts advertising programs that will stop such things happening!
now, when i run my free programs this clears the fault until i turn my comp off then back on or even sometimes just reactivates on its own!
the free programs are spy bot search and ad ware se, i also have norton anti virus and norton firewall
how can i clear my computer of the demons within and have my old computer back, its a real pain to have to run these programs everytime i want to read my irish lottery results in my emails!!
any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

lol sorry just laughed when i noticed the e- mail notification option for this message.

Test Equipment:

Large Selection of Test Equipment For Electrical, HVAC, Test & Measurement
Large Selection of Test Equipment For Electrical, HVAC, Test & Measurement

#131968 - 10/27/04 04:16 PM Re: weird email blockerer thingy
Dave55 Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, Illinois, USA
james S, I just went through this on my PC. The adware set itself as my home page and when I tried to get my e-mail it went to the ad page. You need to run the Norton anti-virus, then follow their instructions. As I recall it's...do the live update, run the anti-virus, click on the thread to see where it is on your PC, then follow Norton's web page to get instructions on deleting it. One such process involved a safe boot which I'd never done before. Then I downloaded the software I posted for spyware & adware & ran that through. I think my problem started because I didn't have Norton's firewall running. (BTW some files are hidden, and a friend showed me how to unhide them, but I haven't done it). It's still not perfect...I use Outlook Express to get my e-mail & get connected, then Internet Explorer to surf. If I knew more about PCs I think it's a small matter of resetting to work better. I'm always glad if I can get it to work any way. A few exta clicks are no big deal for me. Good Luck!

Dave

#131969 - 10/27/04 08:11 PM Re: weird email blockerer thingy
ElectricAL Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
Another suggestion: If you are using Windows XP, turn off the System Restore before housecleaning.

In my copy of XP Home I click on Start, then Help and Support. In the Help and Support Center my access to System Restore shows up under Pick A Task. One can also search for System Restore in this window.

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals