ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#131337 06/19/03 04:33 AM
P
pauluk Offline OP
It doesn't take long for the con-artists to just change a few names and locations, does it? Do they seriously believe that anyone is going to fall for this one?! [Linked Image]

E-mail:udayhh@zwallet.com

Dear Sir,

I am Uday Hussein the first son of The former Iraq leader President Saddam Hussein. I was priviledged to a lot of huge transactions during the reign of my father before the outbreak of Iraq war and collapse of my father's regime. Because of the imminent war and threat by the United States to freeze all assets and funds of the Hussein family, which is already on the way, I deposited the sum of US$45 MILLION as bond in a Security Finance Company. Right now I am looking for a reliable, trustworthy and competent businessman who will travel to
Europe to lay claims to this funds on my behalf. This Funds was gotten as a result of the sales of petroleum to a French company allocated to me.

This funds was deposited in a Security Company in Europe because of the war so that it will not be frozen by American and British
governments. Upon your response showing your interest in assisting me, the said country in Europe will be revealed to you.

Presently, I am in Iraq in an undisclosed location for security reasons where there is no telephone and fax communication for security reasons. You probably thought my father and I were captured or dead
but that is wrong!

I have entrusted all the documents covering the transaction and the deposit to my personal Attorney(Barrister Sanusi Faruku)who is presently in South Africa.If you are interested you should Show your interest by contacting him on his email address:
sanusifaruku@yahoo.com. He will give you further directives as regards the claims of the funds and you would be required to give to him a letter of guarantee of trust to prove that the funds will be secured
under your custody.

You are to take 20% of the total sum for assistance,10% is mapped out for any contingent expenses in the course of the transaction, while 70% will be for me. If you are interested kindly contact my lawyer on the above email address and feel free to deal with him as it will not be safe for me to deal with you directly.

I look forward to receiving updates from my lawyer as regards your cooperation.

May Allah Bless you!

Uday Hussein.

S
Yep, you gotta admire these 419 ers theyll do anything for free money [Linked Image]

Here is a few more Type 419 in the search box

This one, the victim actually got some cash

I just laugh at how many ppl have been had by these scams and also the amounts for, serves them right for being greedy hehe [Linked Image]

Paul,

I think that's the worst one yet.
Someone that would respond to that one is more than just Greedy.

Bill

Bill
P
pauluk Offline OP
Agreed Bill. I was absolutely disgusted with some of the scam e-mails that were floating around playing on the aftermath of 9/11/01.

Paul,
When I first started using e-mail, a few years ago, I used to get the very same messages, daily.
I'd open my e-mail inbox and there would be like 58 or so of these messages, titled something like "Urgent Assistance Required" or so forth, I can tell you, it was really annoying.
It was like I was a email fraud Magnet!. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard