ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127758 - 11/21/01 08:03 PM Elec. Calculator for PDA/Palm pilot
amp-man Offline
Loc: Sacto, California US of A
Anyone familiar with an application for the palm pilot that'll do electrical calculations (wire size, conduit fill, etc)?

Or an application for electrical estimating? (Seems like it'd be a great way to work up on-the-spot quotes accurately).

Cliff
Tools for Electricians:
#127759 - 11/26/01 06:31 AM Re: Elec. Calculator for PDA/Palm pilot
JBD Offline
Loc: WI, USA
I have downloaded several different programs.
Including:
Conduit fill
Pcket Conductor Pro
MotorData
Fuse Sizing
Short Circuit
Ifound these all by searching the Palm site for calculator programs. By coincidence all of these were written by a Arismendi Z. Hernandez
#127760 - 12/15/01 04:13 PM Re: Elec. Calculator for PDA/Palm pilot
amp-man Offline
Loc: Sacto, California US of A
Thanks, JBD.

Got the "Lectricalc" and "Conduit Fill" and find them very useful. Plan on adding the others.

I'm working up a estimating spredsheet so that I can quote a price on-the-spot for small jobs, ones I usually do w/o a written contract.

I figure it will do a couple of things--make sure that I don't forget something and underprice a job, yet allow me to quote a price on the spot while leaving a more professional impression with the client than if I just said, "well, lemme see, that's 6 can lights, a three way switch circuit...that'll be $WHATEVER."

In fact, many of my clients use PDAs and I think it'll be real cool to "beam" an estimate from my PDA to theirs...or at least me business card.

Cliff

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (gfretwell), 90 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 49
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 18
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals