by Texas_Ranger
Yesterday at 08:24 AM
Son of Sparky
by HotLine1
10/20/16 07:43 PM
Speaking of Plugmold ...
by gfretwell
10/17/16 02:37 PM
Broken battery charger? Check for cobwebs!
by gfretwell
10/17/16 02:30 PM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 12
HotLine1 7
renosteinke 6
ghost307 5
Potseal 4
Who's Online
2 registered (Tjia1981, geoff in UK), 225 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126226 - 08/10/05 04:46 PM Family forum racism
Gregtaylor Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho, USA
Because this forum is supposed to be available to be read by anyone, we are not to use bad language, discuss sexual issues,repeat tasteless jokes or even discuss the pro's and con's of unions.But I notice that racism doesn't even raise an eyebrow. I'm refferring to the current post called 'jobsite etiquette'. Read through the posts and tell me they are all OK with all of you. Racism is ugly and ignorant, and racists are ugly ignorant people. Thieves are thieves and being a thief does not make you a Mexican. Being a Mexican does not make you a thief.
Did I just call you ugly and ignorant? You decide.

#126227 - 08/10/05 05:04 PM Re: Family forum racism
e57 Offline

Loc: S.F.,CA USA

I too have noticed it, and its prevasiveness on some of the threads. I bothers me too. And while I usually don't just come out and say it, I will confront people on it in a half handed way. Unless it is just really bad...

It's truely unfortunate that many of the people who are doing it, probhably don't see it for what it really is...

Many of those "South of the Border", Or "No Habla..." comments aren't seen for what they are to the people putting them there. And might be seen as acceptable where they are from. But in other parts of the country can get you into a law suit.
Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason

#126228 - 08/10/05 05:12 PM Re: Family forum racism
Roger Offline

Loc: N.C.
Gentlemen, I also agree.

I posted awhile back in a thread that if there is questionable or offensive content, please use the contact information for the Moderators or Webmaster, it is very possible an e-mail will be read before a post(s) in a thread.

The thread in question is gone as of now.

Thank you

#126229 - 08/10/05 06:31 PM Re: Family forum racism
renosteinke Offline
Cat Servant

Loc: Blue Collar Country
I think we're being too "touchy feely" here.

With a different language, and system of values, it is certain that there will be issues that come up that have ties to one or another such a situation, not allowing the relevant facts to be part of the discussion is a sure way to miss finding the answer.

As far as the "jobsite ettiquette" thread is concerned, my only complaint is that it quickly began to focus on but one topic: theft. There is more to ettiquette than honesty!

It was made clear, in several posts, that "born American" individuals were responsible for the misbehaviour referred to. How that can be considered a "slur" to anyone from "south of the border" is beyond my understanding.

I'm sorry the thread has been deleted. There are many points of "goos manners" on jobs that need discussion.

#126230 - 08/10/05 08:27 PM Re: Family forum racism
Webmaster Offline

Loc: NY, USA
It's rare that Nationality, Race or Religion etc. is trully relevant to discussions here. We should all be careful and considerate regarding what we say, and how we say it here.

As Roger mentioned, please send an email to the Moderator and/or Webmaster if you feel there is questionable or offensive content here. Don't assume they/we are going to see everything that goes on.

#126231 - 08/10/05 08:33 PM Re: Family forum racism
Tiger Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL USA
I'm pretty sure I've heard some rude comments about rockers and carpenters. We can let those slide, can't we? (But watch the comments about inspectors and ECs)

#126232 - 08/10/05 08:58 PM Re: Family forum racism
Webmaster Offline

Loc: NY, USA

I've had my own trying experiences with rockers and carpenters, but let's try not to Bash anybody here.

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals