Long story. Last Thurs. my trailer's central A/C starts making a loud, annoying, weird humming noise. We think nothing of it, and I go outside to water the plants. My mother comes to tell me to ask the neighbors if they had power, since ours was out. I go ask, everyone around has power. So, it's us. My mother calls P*co, and asks them to check if we have power. Skip to Friday, my father checks all the outlets on the pedistal, full power. Luckily, for us, there's some 20amp receptacles on the pedistal on our side of the meter. Throw some 14 and 12AWG extension cords through the window, and power the fridge, freezer, and a lamp. Now, call the electrician. He comes out, three hours late due to many thunderstorms. He comes in with my father, I'm just the follower, and he looks at our General Electric service panel. The main breaker is scorched, burned, arced, and the bus bars behind it have burn flashes. Our main breaker, and the 20amp double pole for the A/C is fried. Skip to Sunday, we buy a new service panel, and, you guys are gonna hate this, DIY a new panel. We have my Uncles's licensed electrician come out,and he says it's fine. BTW: We never even reconnected the A/C, it's capped off in the closet. However, when we turn on the 30amp double dryer breaker, it kicks and fries. Our dryer's (bought in 2000) three wire cord is scorched. Can you tell me why the dryer quit working (I don't care about the A/C, neither does my parents.)
Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?