Now Available!

Recent Posts
Correct rotation, wrong sequence
by Potseal
Yesterday at 03:14 PM
Industrail Control Panel bonding per 409.108
by sparkyinak
12/09/16 06:29 PM
Calling all Non-US members!! (Non-US only)
by aussie240
12/07/16 02:39 AM
Photo Upload Tutorial
by DanK
12/06/16 11:35 PM
Sprinklered equipment 26-008
by bigpapa
12/02/16 04:24 PM
New in the Gallery:
12.5A through 0.75mm˛ flex (just out of curiosity)
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
gfretwell 11
HotLine1 10
Potseal 9
sparkyinak 8
Texas_Ranger 7
Who's Online
0 registered (), 224 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#125618 - 11/11/04 03:19 AM Take a look at these pictures! Comments??
Joe Tedesco Offline

Loc: Boston, Massachusetts USA
Take a look at MY pictures, they are copyrighted too, and the whole world uses them!
http://www.joetedesco.com/gallery/

#125619 - 11/12/04 01:51 AM Re: Take a look at these pictures! Comments??
Big Jim Offline

Loc: Denver, CO USA
I suspect many of those images were submitted to you. Unless you have a specific legal agreement transferring copyright to you, you can not claim any rights. AT most, you have been given permission to use them. Copyright ownership remains with the person or company who originally took them. Your site should really have a disclaimer that images by others are used by permission. While you can claim anything you want on your site, it has zero effect unless it is supported by valid legal principles.

Copyright laws and enforcement are in a sad state of affairs now largely due to the digital data and the internet. It has become trivial to transfer unimaginable amounts of information. The legal system has been badly outpaced by technology and the result is information anarchy. In a purely practical sense, if an individual posts something on the internet, he should assume that his posting will be spread throughout the world and be used without authorization, credit, or remuneration. Regardless of any laws, that is how the real world is operating at the moment.

#125620 - 11/12/04 02:13 AM Re: Take a look at these pictures! Comments??
Joe Tedesco Offline

Big Jim in Denver, CO USA

Thank you for your comments and words of wisdom. I will make access to the images I took and to those submitted by others available to members of my site only.

Have a great day!!

#125621 - 11/12/04 02:40 AM Re: Take a look at these pictures! Comments??
Joe Tedesco Offline

Thanks again Big Jim!
http://www.joetedesco.com/legal.shtml

You seem to have lost my original intent, however, I was thinking about making access to the pictures limited anyway, especially since I found over 100,000 hits, now maybe with your enlightenment I will see more join, instead of lurkers!

I will look forward to the New Year!

#125622 - 11/15/04 10:46 PM Re: Take a look at these pictures! Comments??
Big Jim Offline

Loc: Denver, CO USA
I was probably a tad bit grumpy the morning I wrote that so my tone may hace been a bit harsh. I am frustrated because there seems to be no progress, let alone any solutions to the whole copyright mess. The two sides seem almost to be like the Palistinians and Israiales. At opposite ends of the field and not about to move an inch. I've distributed a few CDs of information about a vintage motor home that I know was originally copyrighted but the company went bankrupt. Somebody likely owns the rights but how would I find out who? I don't think I'd even take an offer to be the Copyright Czar because it is so messed up.

#125623 - 11/16/04 01:29 AM Re: Take a look at these pictures! Comments??
Joe Tedesco Offline

My request for comments was related to the images. Using the properties function, anyone can post any of the pictures such as this one here.

I prefer not to dispute the copyright issue here. Please help me to get back on track as intended.

Any commentws about the Picture?

#125624 - 11/16/04 08:38 AM Re: Take a look at these pictures! Comments??
SvenNYC Offline

Loc: New York City
When did can openers become a required field tool?

Just for curiosity's sake, what is that cable feeding? Or what's it being FED from?

Is this another example of energy theft?

#125625 - 11/16/04 01:36 PM Re: Take a look at these pictures! Comments??
DougW Offline

Loc: North Chicago, IL
I can see it now.. either a horribly miguided DIY'er or a thief...

"We'll jest cut a hole in that there pipe, then board 'er up. Nobody'll ever think of lookin' in there... hyuk hyuk hyuk."

My..how "brainy".

Echoes for Sven - is it a feed, or being fed?

#125626 - 11/16/04 03:15 PM Re: Take a look at these pictures! Comments??
scameron81 Offline

Loc: Healdsburg, ca, USA
These kinds of things are very common out here in California, most of it is for people who are in the "agricultural" business. Its extremely lucrative for electricians out here who are willing to take on the work(myself not being one of them). Tapping the line side of the meter usually goes for around $2000 with the stipulation that you never call again.

#125627 - 11/17/04 05:18 AM Re: Take a look at these pictures! Comments??
pauluk Offline

Loc: Norfolk, England
 Quote:
Tapping the line side of the meter usually goes for around $2000 with the stipulation that you never call again.

Presumably that's also payment by greenbacks only, no invoice, no other paperwork?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals