ECN Electrical Forum
Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118700 - 10/20/04 08:18 PM Not quite what I expected
electure Offline

Loc: Fullerton, CA USA
My job this morning was to meet with SoCA Edison to get a new service energized.

The owner has a new sign that the City had agreed to let them energize, even though they weren't done with their office remodel.

...This is what I was told before I went...

The remodel:

The sign:

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 10-20-2004).]

Tools for Electricians:
#118701 - 10/20/04 09:14 PM Re: Not quite what I expected
Scott35 Offline

Broom Pusher and

Loc: Anaheim, CA. USA
LOL!!! and ... all come to mind!

I can almost invision what occured when you first arrived on-site:

[*] This cannot be the place! Must have turned to the North, instead of South... I'll try looking on the South blocks... ,

[*] OK, no address exists in the South block, so the job must be near this apparent Demo job...,

[*] OK, the only address match with sign requiring energizing has to be in this general area...,

[*] OK, something is plainly wrong here! Call Office to verify whazzup...,

[*] ---conversation on phone---" This IS the Remodeled Office!??!... Geez, I would hate to see what it looked like BEFORE the Remodel!!!", with an enphasis on the "even though they weren't done with their office remodel" situation being just a "tiny" understatement!

Not trying to make light of the situation, just empathyse (sp??) with you on the "Been In The Same Boat" scenario.

BTW, what did the Edison Rep. say? And what is needed to get said sign to spew out Illumination... other than a Portable Genny?

Lastly, is this location off the I-405 Freeway?

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!

#118702 - 10/21/04 08:27 AM Re: Not quite what I expected
DougW Offline

Loc: North Chicago, IL
Were you able to call SoCA Edison and cancel before you were made to look the fool?

#118703 - 10/21/04 05:32 PM Re: Not quite what I expected
electure Offline

Loc: Fullerton, CA USA
Ah, But I wasn't the fool!

At the far left of the first picture, you can see a door of the new service.

2 meters, 1-800A 120/208 for the sign, and a 200A for the building.

They're just releasing the sign.

I was kind of referring more to the relative sizes of the jobs (If you leave 1 wall standing and build from it, it's considered a remodel, & you save much$$ and time versus building a new building).

I was expecting more a 100' building with a 20' sign, rather than 20' of building with a 100' sign.

Scott-you're right-405, and yes, I was counting streets 174, 173 etc until I looked up! Site was easy to find after that

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals