Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#116445 - 04/01/04 10:53 PM Electrical Service Cage
Webmaster Offline

Administrator

Loc: NY, USA
 Quote:
Here are some photos of an electrical cage I passed by in a basement of a business one day.

Take a look at the zip cord coming out of a panel and going into a box with a broken timer. I know there are a few more things in these pics. I thought I just share something to talk about.

- Joe Velazquez

Tools for Electricians:
#116446 - 04/01/04 11:34 PM Re: Electrical Service Cage
BigJohn Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
I think that municipalities should start requiring an additional sign to accompany the ones warning of electrical hazards. That sign should say:
 Quote:
Electrical Room - Keep Clear - No Storage

-John

#116447 - 04/02/04 10:14 PM Re: Electrical Service Cage
Lostazhell Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, CA (Originally Or...
"AMEN!" to that Big John!

I remember getting called out to one of the "membership bulk buy type stores" (ie. Sams Club, Costco, etc..)" & finding that they were using the cage that had a bulk of their panels for a "lock-up" area for their easy-to-shoplift high end merchandise... Full loaded racks were about 12" from the panel fronts Just made my day!

In the 5th pic down, between the timers, is that staple penetrating the romex?!!? Not to mention being subject to damage... Not to mention in a commercial building?? Zip cord into a panel???

Hey Electure! I think "The Cord Guy"'s been moonlighting!!!

-Randy

#116448 - 04/03/04 07:13 AM Re: Electrical Service Cage
SvenNYC Offline

Loc: New York City
The toilet bowl in the cage is a nice touch.

Wonder if it's actually hooked up or did they just toss it there for storage?

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals