ECN Electrical Forum
Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113782 - 10/02/02 10:29 PM pool-pump enclosure
Webmaster Offline

Loc: NY, USA
Hi! I’m new to the forum (username=zapped), but have been visiting (and enjoying) the site for some time.

Most of my work is handed to me from a general contractor that deals with Homeowners Associations and Business Park Management companies, so, as I’m sure you can imagine, I run across quite a few fascinating and terrifying installations.

Here are a couple pictures of the latest, but certainly not the most horrific, bundle of surprises. These were taken in the pool-pump enclosure of a rather upscale HOA here in Southern California. The first two are of an Inter-Matic timer box with the timer removed, a broken latch, and an exposed neutral. The second is of a two-phase lighting contactor with a missing enclosure cover (pool guy + wet area + leaning against the wrong wall = major law suit). Feel free to use the pics if you like!

-S. Cannon (aka 'zapped')

Tools for Electricians:
#113783 - 10/03/02 06:09 PM Re: pool-pump enclosure
HotLine1 Offline

Loc: Brick, NJ USA
Welcome to ECN.
Here in NJ, these two items would be "picked-up" by our "Annual Pool Inspection" requirement. We have "scarry stuff" all over the place too. It's our collective goal to "make it right", and make a living doing it,

#113784 - 10/12/02 07:33 PM Re: pool-pump enclosure
Trumpy Offline

Loc: SI,New Zealand
Welcome to ECN,
The lower picture showing the lighting contactor does not make good viewing, a pool
area should really have non-metallic, weather-proof enclosures.
If that is what is in that enclosure,I would
also check the enclosure to the left of it too.
Let's face it, these days if you're not young, you're old - Red Green grin

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals