ECN Electrical Forum
Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Books, Tools and Test Equipment for Electrical and Construction Trades

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113067 - 03/01/02 03:18 PM TOO LATE !
Webmaster Offline

Loc: NY, USA

I'm not a member, but enjoy your site. Thought I could share a few pictures of my own.

I got the call on a Thursday. Would I be able to relocate a service to
the house, as soon as possible? I said the best I could do would be Wednesday of the next week.

Much to my surprise, this is what I found. Apparently his brother-in-law finished the chimney anyway, it was such great weather. And it looks as if they tested the draft, notice the discoloration at the top.

I did relocate the service, but had to take pictures first just to prove this really happened. The Power Company also had a good laugh. The service drop didn't actually go through the chimney, but the drop was wedged between the house and chimney blocks.

Tools for Electricians:
#113068 - 03/02/02 01:39 PM Re: TOO LATE !
sparky Offline

I know of one 4/0 SEU service entrance that the masons actually cemented into a chimney.
I'd say it's well protected......
The CVPS meterman walks right by it every month

#113069 - 03/02/02 09:02 PM Re: TOO LATE !
Bill Addiss Offline

Loc: NY, USA

Welcome aboard!

Where is the Meter on this house?
Is the SE Cable allowed to be under the siding like that? Or does it go into the wall?

#113070 - 03/16/02 04:16 PM Re: TOO LATE !
JMichael Offline

Loc: Norwich, NY, USA
LOL! I just seen this and cracked up lauging.. Just when you thought you seen everything...

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals