Loc: SI,New Zealand
I'll get Bill to explain the pics below:

Take it away Bill....
Let's face it, these days if you're not young, you're old - Red Green grin

2014 / 2011 NEC & Related Books and Study Guides
#111504 - 12/16/06 04:41 AM Re: Pics from Sparky 134
sparky 134 Offline

Loc: Joliet, Il, USA
Working on a kitchen remodel and as I go down to the basement I find the panel. The sump pit is located directly in front of the panel. The plumbing inspector allowed the plumbing contractor to install his drain/vent piping directly in front of the panel.

As you can see by the photos, one needs to stand over the sump pit, reach around the plumbing lines to work on the panel.

When I talked to the homeowner about this he said, "The plumbing inspector said it was OK." Too bad the electrical inspector wasn't on site for that inspection...

#111505 - 12/16/06 10:20 AM Re: Pics from Sparky 134
Rewired Offline

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Its bad enough the sump pit is right in front of the panel, but I guess a nice wooden platform with an access door to the pit would keep ya from falling in the pit AND keep you off the concrete if you are working in the panel.
That plumbing on the otherhand... Not acceptable.. If that were my house and I found a plumber did that they would not get paid until it was done correct.

#111506 - 12/16/06 11:10 AM Re: Pics from Sparky 134
Lostazhell Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, CA (Originally Or...
This is seriously just mindless Imagine the fury we'd get if we had run conduit blocking access to a sewer cleanout or one of the service hatches behind a shower..

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals