I was called to a fleabag hotel, answering a complaint that scatterec receptacles were not workng.
I found many, many outstanding examples of what happens when electrical work is performed by untrained, ill-equipped persons.
In these three pics, I am focusing on a common theme: poorly run conduit that has come apart, probably due to a complete lack of support.
And my favourite- a pipe, thinly covered by a film of loose dirt. This is a time when I found the problem by literally stepping on it- the pipe had cut into the wires, and sparks followed.
Oh, the 'three strikes?' Poor workmanship, no support, conduit not continuous.
[This message has been edited by renosteinke (edited 09-14-2006).]