ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#11110 - 06/28/02 05:18 PM Crisis Managment
sparky Offline
There are always these companies that simply subscribe to Crisis Managment.
I respond to those (insert chicken little routine) calls about the company's production , frozen stock or persihable, etc going south.
Many times there is a quick fix, with a bigger picture that is established, yet not acted on, so the scenario becomes cyclical.

In my local experience, there has been a revolving door of 'head maintainence' dudes , each newbie unaware of corporate policy until he/she's in a crisis.....

This makes me look bad due to repetitive calls for similar fixes.

Is there any nice way out of this?
Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades
#11111 - 06/28/02 06:11 PM Re: Crisis Managment
Roger Offline
Loc: N.C.
Sparky, been there.
Just keep charging them and explain point blank their problem with there MOB. Of course with repeated calls to repair the same ongoing problem, you could point out how you are an expert at it due to experience.
I know that didn't help, but until we can retire we will have these frustrations.
If it helps, remember your bros go through the same thing.

Roger

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals