electure Offline

Loc: Fullerton, CA USA
Yes what's inside matters, too.

From LK:

2014 / 2011 NEC & Related Books and Study Guides
#109839 - 12/18/05 01:10 PM Re: Inside the Box
BigJohn Offline

Loc: Boston, MA
Picture #2: The blue wire looks an awful lot like Cat-5, is it? Reminds me of an installtion a friend of mine was telling me about: He's a network admin. for his college. He "needed" an IG receptacle. He drove a ground rode (his version of IG) and then ran a whole bunch of parallel Cat-5 to the receptacle for his power wiring.

If the wiring in the picture is actually power wire, the only violation I see is the identification of the neutral. Unless there's something up with that ring-terminal on the EGC...?

#109840 - 12/19/05 02:39 PM Re: Inside the Box
trekkie76 Offline

Loc: baileyville, maine, usa
Pic #1 doesnt look like they grounded the box or found a connector big enough to fit the hole on the back of that box they screwed to the wall.

Not sure about pic#2. The green tape on the wire nutted to the nuetral has me concerned. Seems like a wiring method changeover point, what is that blue wire?

Pic #3, you might have a problem getting a cover on it, with the circuit coming through the front. Of course, the cover screws are already being used for grounding, so they couldnt hold a cover anyway. Some of the white wires are going into black wire nut, so you have some identification issues.

Not too sure about the last pic.

#109841 - 12/19/05 05:55 PM Re: Inside the Box
Lostazhell Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, CA (Originally Or...
Whats the deal with the NM-B disappearing into the cinderblock sans its outer sheathing, lack of connector, etc, etc....??

This looks like stuff I used to find working service in LA

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals