The larger piece of equipment is a chiller.
The smaller piece was test equipment that was made "in house". The test equipment was connected directly to the 100A cord, and caught fire in the night.
The company makes pneumatic accessories.
This engineer has a habit of taking all the covers off of a piece of equipment, panel, etc and haywiring up some cord, without regard to overcurrent or the open wiring shock hazards. The facilities manager has shut his department down in the past, until he removed some of his "wiring".
(See an earlier topic- "More Bad Things" in this pictures forum)
We got a call Wed. morn that the company had a small fire, and all the power (3000A 480/277V) to the building was off. When I got there, about 60,000 sq. ft. of the building was flooded (only 2 fire sprinklers had gone off, but had run all night due to a faulty valve).
Another guy (Roger) and I restored some lighting, connected some GFI protected temp power for the cleanup, and powered up the unflooded office and IT areas.
Here, they've got some of it mopped up.
They also had to move the entire contents of their warehouse outdoors.
[This message has been edited by electure (edited 03-12-2004).]