Quote:
Picture #1 is what I found when I removed a board that was neatly mounted in a flange in a vinyl-sided house (new construction... probably $300K) They mounted the blue "retro" NM box via deck screws, and it looks like they used a screwdriver (or maybe the bit on a screwgun) to make the necessary hole for the box on the sheathing... It goes along with the missing box (hole with NM through it) that feeds a $300 lamp, mounted on a deck-screw supported box bracket...
 Quote:
Picture #2 shows the second trench I wound up digging on the same job. The first was from the french doors in the background, along the house, to the pillars. The second was from the area of the A/C disconnect, along the house, to the end, where the H.O. wanted to put a fountain. The guy I'm subbing for was going to rent a trencher (3 hours max), but got scared when JULIE planted a bunch of flags in the area of the UG Xformer I spotted at the end of the yard. I wound up (between the two trenches) spending about 24 hours with a shovel in my hands. I'm thinking about adding "and Excavating" to my business name...
 Quote:
Pic # 3 shows where the "home improvement" contractor had run a length of 14/2 UF to the garage (he ran it through the attic and alongside the meter riser, but that's another story). He used the White and bare copper grounding conductor as travelers for a 3-way. Needless to say, this one got heavily documented for the H.O. ....

- DougW


[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 10-04-2005).]