ACCIDENT 5 on the "High Impact Electrical Safety Video" shows:
Ignorance of Proper Tool Grounding Results in Death
Jarvis Bunt decided to repair an extension cord that he and Alvin Potter had run over with their forklift.
Jarvis found a new end piece and put it on the cord, but was not aware that the wires must be connected to specific terminals. He connected the hot wire to the ground terminal. When Alvin used the cord to power
a skill saw about 30 minutes later, he was electrocuted and the saw blade buried in his leg.
SAFETY TIPS: You must be qualified to do any electrical job. Jarvis was not qualified to repair the cord. He did not understand why each of the three wires must be connected to a specific terminal.
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant