ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 390 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#101908 01/22/04 11:08 PM
C
Clyde Offline OP
Something has been on my mind lately. Though this isn't really an electrical question, I do have one that has been of some concern to me.
I was wondering if I as an electrician was told to... hypothetically speaking, install outdoor flood lighting 120vac, each fixture drawing about 1.8 amps. and if the only wire immediatley available was line cord rated to a maximum 90 volts. If I told the supervisor (who also is an electrician) that I couldn't install the lights until proper wire was delivered, he or she then instudcted a junior person to use the same wire and go ahead and installed the lights anyway. Hypothetically speaking of course.

My question then is, who is actually responsible if a problem occurrs. The supervisor, or the junior electrician who installed the lights.

Thanks for your input folks.

Clyde.

#101909 01/23/04 04:02 PM
G
Do you want to know who is responsible or who will be blamed if it is caught or something bad hads from it. He who hold the permit will go down first then he will bring down the others involved claiming he was not aware of what was done. Personally, when faced with these things I asked them to give me the order in writting. At that point I was usually asked (not so nicely to get off the project). Someone faced with that kind of choice when it comes down to construction in this country has a real problem on their hands.

Link Copied to Clipboard