ECN Forum
Posted By: RODALCO ß Hour meter - 09/13/06 10:24 PM
Mike (Trumpy) asked me re the type of a ß branded hour meter he has on a machine he is working on.

I replied with two emails to Mike but no answer yet so I put it on ECN.

The ß brand or logo I have seen on hour meters from Kübler and Hora cont which is a subsidary of Veglia Borletti I think.

I will post a photo for ECN to show the logo, may be someone else knows more about this brand.

I suggested if when it was faulty to replace it with one which will fit the hole on the machine as long the voltage and frequency are correct it really doesn't matter which brand you replace it with.
As long it is reliable.

edited for typo's Rod.

[This message has been edited by RODALCO (edited 09-13-2006).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ß Hour meter - 09/14/06 03:23 PM
Ray,
My absolute apologies for not getting back to you on this matter.
I did a 76 hour week last week and it looks like this week will be pretty much up there as well.
Anyhow,
This pic:

[Linked Image]

See that B thingy next to the left side of the digits, well that is what my timer has on it.
What brand does that signify?.
My timer is in a brand new machine, it is a DIN Rail mounting type, there is nothing wrong with the timer, what I was after was some sort of documentation for the timer itself.
It's the only thing in the machine that there is no real description of and I thought that by getting the manufacturers name, I could Google the thing and get a Spec sheet.
I'm working on getting all the manuals for this machine together (the thing has 7 PLC's in it!!) in case we have any problems with the thing in the future, better to have the info on hand.
As I have said to a few others here, I will get some pics (time permitting) of the gear we use at this place.
Posted By: RODALCO Re: ß Hour meter - 09/14/06 07:50 PM
Thanks Mike, I thought that you were busy .
76 Hours ?? well is that Fire service or your other job ?
That b brand is a subsidary from Kübler from Germany.
I will do some research for you and see what i can find.
cheers mate.
Posted By: RODALCO Re: ß Hour meter - 09/19/06 07:41 PM
Mike,

I did some research and via Ebay Deutschland I got the name Bauser hence I knew what the b meant.

Fa Bauser is a well established manufacturer from all types of counters and time meters.

Here is the link attached in German
http://www.bauser-control.de/Deutsch/katalog/katalog.htm

Hope it works

Regards

Raymond
Posted By: RODALCO Re: ß Hour meter - 09/19/06 07:44 PM
Sorry, nearly forgot.

Betriebsstundenzähler is hour meter.

Cheers RF.
Posted By: RODALCO Re: ß Hour meter - 09/19/06 08:03 PM
Just trying things out, Mike on the bauser website.

Go to Bauser home page and the option for English and French catalogue pops up as well.

These are the newer type meters.

I tried to use their contact page in German to get the original data, but that came up with error 404.

Will try it from home and will keep your posted mate.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ß Hour meter - 09/20/06 03:07 PM
Gidday there Ray,
I thought that you were busy.
76 Hours ?? well is that Fire service or your other job?.
That's just my main job, I've attended 2 fire calls since posting my last reply to this thread.(Not good form at all!) [Linked Image]

Thanks a heap for all the information regarding this timer,Ray, I'm not really in a position to merely pull the thing out of the enclosure it is in.
And I'm not entirely sure wether it is a plug-in type or wether it is hard-wired from the back, as I can't see far enough back into the enclosure to see any wires or the like.

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 09-20-2006).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ß Hour meter - 09/20/06 03:12 PM
BTW Ray,
Really off-topic:
We just got a new Fire Appliance in Ashburton.
It would have to be better than the Dennis pump they gave us last year. [Linked Image]
This one is an Iveco Cargo, it's got Air Con!!. [Linked Image]
You can read about it here .

{Message edited for a typo}

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 09-20-2006).]
Posted By: RODALCO Re: ß Hour meter - 09/21/06 04:58 AM
Very nice truck Mike, a lot better than our old Mitsubishi 6-3 and International 6-3 pump which are 20 + years old.

That b hourmeter is hard wired in with a 2 screw connector at the back of the meter.
It has a central stud with nut and clamp to hold it into place.
I got exactly the same hour meter on my rotary converter.
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: ß Hour meter - 09/21/06 07:03 AM
Rod, do you have any info on the quality of the 3 phase on your converter?- I assume it's the induction motor/flywheel job you mentioned previously?
Reason I ask is an old 40hp induction motor might be joining my 'pile of junk for restoration' shortly out of an old carpentry shop's line shafting gear...
I read on the web that badly set-up 'motors as generators' can damage machine's motors because of poor-quality 3 phase.

Alan
Posted By: RODALCO Re: ß Hour meter - 09/21/06 07:21 PM
Alan,

I have no problems with running my other 3Ø motors from it.
An induction motor self exited by capacitors is basically an alternator although it has no full time dc exiter on it.
To be honest i have not checked with an oscilloscope for the sine wave.

I think that internet stuff you read is more likely trying to scare people off and hope they will buy an expesive electronic inverter.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: ß Hour meter - 09/25/06 05:07 PM
Ray,
I got your e-mail, mate.
I've got all the info I need now.
Thanks a million for them PDF files.
Actually I'm really glad that we have someone like you here that has an interest in timers and the like, that's why I asked you first before bringing the topic here.
Cheers Ray,
A job well done with such little information from me.
I owe you one. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums