ECN Forum
Posted By: ThinkGood Trumpy: Your Hotmail is Full - 05/02/04 11:51 PM
Mail is bouncing...
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Trumpy: Your Hotmail is Full - 05/06/04 05:19 AM
ThinkGood,
Have just cleaned it out.
Sorry about that, my monitor failed on me last Sunday morning and I've only just got my system working again. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Texas_Ranger Re: Trumpy: Your Hotmail is Full - 05/06/04 07:30 AM
It's always on sundays, isn't it? Last summer my monitor decided to have a smoke break last summer. one beuatiful sunday morning I switched on my computer and nothing happened. Pushed the Power button again, nothing. Checked Keyboard connection (Apple computers used to have a On/Off key on the keyboard), solid. Though "Sh*t, my computer's gone! Pushed the light switch, ceiling light didn't work. This being a chandelier with 5 bulbs I decided the fuse had blown. Reset the breaker, switched on computer, everything works but the monitor. Dumped it (17" CRT, bought it at the flea market for 25 Euro [Linked Image])
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Trumpy: Your Hotmail is Full - 05/06/04 02:15 PM
I repaired a monitor a couple of weeks ago that had a flakey power switch. Just a few squirts of contact cleaner spray did the trick. And some touch-ups of cold solder joints with the iron.
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Trumpy: Your Hotmail is Full - 05/07/04 02:39 AM
...my monitor failed on me last Sunday morning...

So when a monitor fails, that causes e-mail to bounce? [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Trumpy: Your Hotmail is Full - 05/07/04 08:23 AM
Hey ThinkGood,
Ever tried to use a Computer system without a monitor?. [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Trumpy: Your Hotmail is Full - 05/07/04 09:36 AM
Ever tried to use a Computer system without a monitor?
Yep! Makes it quite interesting, doesn't it? [Linked Image]

Glad you're back with us.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Trumpy: Your Hotmail is Full - 05/08/04 02:54 AM
Don't you just love them Chinese monitors!.
I have an HP 17" LCD screen in front of me, that was made in the US.
Can't beat good American workmanship!.
I've had 3 China made monitors blow out on me in 3 years, usually it is the Switch-mode PS Chip that goes.
I'm just sick of it!.
This monitor cost me a dollar or two, but hey, I hope it out-does the other 3 I've had.
All 3 monitors have had a 3.15A ceramic fuse protecting them, but not once has the fuse blown, when the SM chip blew (destructively). [Linked Image]
Posted By: Texas_Ranger Re: Trumpy: Your Hotmail is Full - 05/08/04 10:10 AM
Hey Trumpy, don't you know Murphy's law? An expensive transistor will always blow to protect the $.25 fuse!
© ECN Electrical Forums