ECN Forum
Posted By: james S 7671 regulations - 09/21/03 08:16 PM
would it be possible to photocopy minor works test certificate out of the back of the regs?or is it ileagal?
i have been thinking lately of ways i can cover myself from (favours) i carry out for family and friends just incase there was something to happen after i have finished working in the premises, and can prove that my work carried out was tested and proved sound.

is it a good idea? [Linked Image]
Posted By: lyledunn Re: 7671 regulations - 09/21/03 09:07 PM
I would say that on the face of it no problem! In fact it would be great if every one took such a diligent stance. I think that the relevant forms can be downloaded from www.iee.org
Posted By: sanUK Re: 7671 regulations - 09/21/03 09:22 PM
This is how i issue certificates, i fill in photocopyed certs on site when taking readings, then fill in the certs at home on the pc, print out 2 copies of each, 1 for customer & 1 for me to keep. Also looks neater.
Posted By: j a harrison Re: 7671 regulations - 09/22/03 05:31 PM
James,

if you have a City Electrical Factors branch near you they sell a book with the required certificates in them,

I use them as a basic paper work on site then re print when i get back to the office, but you can use them straight out of the book.

they are by Robin and printed by Uneeda.

Hope this helps mate.

John H
© ECN Electrical Forums