ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 09:22 AM
Not sure how to usethis thing,
But, Mike Trump suffered a huge heart attack not long ago.
He was taken to hospital in an ambulance, with so Im told a coronary infarction, what ever that means?.
Hope he's OK,I found him slumped over his chair at the keyboard and gave him CPR
Im his partner, Vikki,I'm going up to the hospital now!.
Will fill you in later, but it doesnt look good.
Mike showed me how to use this board, ages ago, am I doing this right?.

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 09-13-2003).]
Posted By: Roger Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 11:09 AM
Our prayers are with all of you. Keep us informed.

Roger
Posted By: pauluk Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 11:53 AM
Vikki,

Our thoughts and prayers are with Mike and yourself.

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to let us know during what must be a very difficult time for you.

With best wishes to Mike for a speedy recovery,

Paul.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 02:56 PM
We're all rooting for you Mike!

your friend,
Bill
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 04:02 PM
Vikki and Mike,

Our best wishes and desires are with you both.

--Scott Falke, a/k/a Bjarney
Posted By: dougwells Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 08:03 PM
Yes please do get better Mike
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 08:10 PM
Oh Jesus

And to think that sometime around 12 a.m. or so (New York time) he had just responded to a comment I had made here a few minutes ago. I was still awake at around 2 a.m. and was about to log off after I finished reading his note.

Get well soon, Mike. Good luck Vikki. Yes, we're all pulling for you both.

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 09-13-2003).]
Posted By: circuit man Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 08:56 PM
hi vikki, sorry to hear about mike. hope everything turns out ok. he is a valued member of this board. wish for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: NJwirenut Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 09:13 PM
Very sorry to hear that. [Linked Image]

All the best to you, and best wishes for a speedy recovery...
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 09:17 PM
Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear of this.
He had made a reply to a thread, no more than 10 minutes after it was made! That was at 2:18 AM EDT (11:18 PM PDT). I received the topic reply message when logging back on this afternoon.

What time would it have been in your area of NZ, when it's 2:18 AM Eastern US time?

I hope everything goes OK for Mike, and also for you Vikki. Thank God you were there to administer CPR!

Anyone know if a Coronary Infarction is anything similar to an M.I.? I sure hope not!

I pray he will be posting messages here real soon.

Scott35

p.s. Thanks, Scott (Bjarney), for posting the message in the General Discussion area!
Posted By: George Corron Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 09:41 PM
Our prayers and thoughts with ya Mike and Vikki. Old linemen are tough, I pray tough enough. Like a power outage Bro, DON'T go gently into that good night.

George
Posted By: PaulCornwall Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 09:45 PM
My thoughts are with you both,,

Get well soon..

Paul
Posted By: iwire Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 09:48 PM
My thoughts are with you Mike and Vicky.

Bob
Posted By: Belgian Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 11:18 PM
Have a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Dapo Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/13/03 11:38 PM
My thoughts and wishes go to Vikki and Mike.
The internet makes a large world smaller and brings us together, unfortunately not close enough at times like these.

All the best for a speedy recovery Mike, you are one of the corner stones of the group and I look forward to seeing your messages again.

Regards Graham
Posted By: frank Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 12:14 AM
Best wishes and thinking about the both of you.
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 12:31 AM
Mike Trump and Vikki:

My prayers and thoughts are with you. I hope he has a complete and speedy recovery.

Scott35:
2:18 AM is 18:18 NZ time.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 01:29 AM
Hi there Guys!.
Just got home from hospital about an hour ago.
Hospital stays over here these days are measured in hours, not days as they used to be a few years ago.
This is probably the hardest post I have ever had to type!.
But, were it not for Vikki, I would not be doing this at all.
Thank you all for your kind comments and i couldn't believe that so many people actually replied!.
I think that I will probably end up giving away Faults work, as this is slowly killing me, as my sleeping patterns are all mucked up and I never really have a chance to relax anymore.
Take care all!.
Trumpy. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 01:46 AM
Mike!

Glad you’re back home.

Only you know your limits and can decide what’s best for you. Hopefully at his point you don’t have to make any rushed decisions.

And thank you sincerely Vikki for forwarding the news.

The very best to the both of you.
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 01:57 AM
Mike, I am so glad to read your reply message!

Take care of yourself man!

We will keep your seat warm while you recoup!

Scott35
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 01:58 AM
Mike, thanks for keeping us informed. Might I add that it is GREAT to hear from you mate.
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 02:01 AM
Thank G-d.

That sure was quick.

Glad to hear that you're home. Please stay well.

Vikki: Great work!

[This message has been edited by ThinkGood (edited 09-13-2003).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 02:01 AM
Bjarney,
It's good to be home!.
I knew nothing of what happened to me, until I woke up in a hospital bed and I must admit, it was one helluva shock!.
I still feel a bit wonky, but I'm coming right, the attack wasn't as bad as first thought, but it certainly woke me up!.
And yes, I reckon I'm going to marry that girl, she's the best!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Hutch Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 02:16 AM
Mike, Good to see you back mate. My old man had some trouble with the generator set not long back and it was certainly a wake-up call for all of us. Take it easy and concentrate on those new priorities that become so clear at these times. Vikki, well done - everyone deserves their guardian angel.
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 02:30 AM
Trumpy,

You gave us quite a scare!
Very Glad to see you back!!

[Linked Image]
Bill

P.S. Get some rest and give Vikki a Hug from us
Posted By: frank Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 02:45 AM
Well I guess she wins all arguments for the next fifty years.I'm sure they will do all tests needed to find the cause but it is a little know fact that 1 in 3 heat attacks go undetected.You are already out and thats a great sign.John Ritter had a heart defect for fifty four years and no one knew.I don't know you but read all your posts and feel i do.Vikki's post left me seriously freaked out! Godspeed with your recovery.

[This message has been edited by frank (edited 09-13-2003).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 02:47 AM
Yeah,
I'm really suprised that Vikki has actually stayed with me over the last few years.
Because between the Fire Service callouts and PoCo faults calls, she gets woken up too when I get up.
And she puts up with my slight bad tempers when I'm tired and this happens more than i would like to admit.
This whole thing, will probably cause a drastic change of lifestyle for me (and to think that I gave up smoking 6 months ago!),
less meat in my diet(that's going to hurt!) and a need to have regular blood pressure tests.
Scott,
I had a situation, where the blood supply to my heart(that drives the muscles) was restricted, forcing a shut-down of my heart, I had the pain in my chest and that was the last thing that I remember, no bright lights, no nothing!.
Vikki must have got one helluva shock, finding me collapsed against my desk, I know i would.
Oddly enough, here's a bizzare parallel,I was having an argument with my Boss last week about CPR training, in that we would have to pay for the courses ourselves, because he reckoned they were un-necessary,
Well, I got news for him and it's all bad!.
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 03:11 AM
YAYYYYY!!!!!!!

Good to see you back Mike [Linked Image]

>>HUGS<< to both you and Vikki.
Posted By: ga.sparky56 Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 03:15 AM
Good to hear your home Trumpy.You are in our prayers.

I had a similar situation 2 years ago with a speeded up heart rate due to 20hr days and stress.

It's scary when your body fails you and you find out your not superman.

Take care of yourself,we want you around a long time.

Oh btw, Marry that woman! [Linked Image]

Russell

[This message has been edited by ga.sparky56 (edited 09-13-2003).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 04:39 AM
Hey, guys, would just like to get back to some Electrical Discussion, that's what I'm here for, eh what?.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 05:08 AM
Russell,
It's scary when your body fails you and you find out your not superman.
This is the one thing that really scares me now, I have been the means to an end, for the PoCo for so long, I never realised that they had me wrapped around thier little finger.
But, all power to V, I AM going to marry her, I even proposed to her this afternoon and she said YES!!!!!!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 05:39 AM
Mike
First let me congratulate you and Vicky.
Second let me say thank you to Vicky, we would sure miss the electronic connection that we have become so use to reading.
As scary as that was for me to read, I hope it was more scary for you. Work sometimes does not mean much, and this is one of those times. Take care of yourselves and good luck!!!

Pierre
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 07:32 AM
Thanks Pierre!, (Hope I've spelt your name right).
I think that this whole thing has been a real learning curve, to me, especially as far as my g/friend is concerned, she has just been sitting in the shadows and pretty much I have got all the spoils of the late-night work, without even a mention of her at all, what I mean is, how many of you guys do the callout thing and not even think about your partner?, it effects your partner too!.
Posted By: pauluk Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 11:08 AM
Mike,
Great to have you back buddy. I guess you'll be following doctor's orders and relaxing a lot the next week or two, so we'd better keep the topics rolling along to give you something to exercise the old gray matter.

all power to V, I AM going to marry her, I even proposed to her this afternoon and she said YES!!!!!!.

CONGRATULATIONS! [Linked Image]
Posted By: iwire Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 12:05 PM
Mike

Glad to hear you are doing better! [Linked Image]

Thanks to Vicky for saving you. (and letting us know a friend was in trouble)

Bob
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/14/03 08:33 PM
Mike and Vikki:
Congratulations!
Posted By: David UK Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/15/03 01:28 AM
Mike,
Glad to hear you're OK.
Congratulations to both of you.
Take it easy now, we all want to see you round here for a long time to come.
Posted By: djk Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/15/03 08:56 AM
congrats! & best of luck! [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/15/03 11:27 AM
Glad to hear things can work out for you Trumpy,

to be honest i've threatened to quit running nights in ems when i turn 50
(not that far off), and i think you've just reenforced that notion for me, thanks.

i just gotta ask, what was your time to defib?

~S
Posted By: sanUK Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/15/03 11:23 PM
As everyone else says "Good to see your ok" & congrats to the both of you

Take it easy

Oh and if its ok, i think the pair of you deserve a [Linked Image from zen23694.zen.co.uk] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/16/03 06:06 AM
Sparky,
6 minutes!.
I have to tell you guys this, but I don't want to sound ungratefull for all of your comments regarding this incident, but this could go on ad finitum, which is not something that I would personally like to have happen, after all, this is an Electrical Forum.
Sorry to feel this way, but this is the true way that I feel, please could we not dwell on this.
I'm feeling better these days and although I still aren't able to go back to work, I look forward to the day when this will happen, as I am bored out of my tree here!.
And I would not like to fill the pages of ECN up with wandering thoughts from staying here all day everyday until I go back to work.
I thank you all for your comments, but we must draw a line, to where this ends and I am sure that Pauluk would agree.
Take care all,
Trumpy. [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Re: Trumpy - 09/16/03 09:51 AM
Guys,

I can understand how Mike doesn't want to dwell on the incident, but would rather get back into discussing our usual electrical topics (with the occasional detour! [Linked Image]).

So with that in mind, I shall close this thread.

Thanks to all for supporting Mike and Vikki -- It's great that we all have so many friends on ECN even though most of us have never met each other.
© ECN Electrical Forums