ECN Forum
Posted By: George Corron Just GOTTA know - 07/16/03 04:06 AM
Trumpy,
OK, I'm one of those guys, don't like mainstream TV, don't think the news tells us anything THEY don't want us to know. So in a moment of boredom, I'm watching Network news for about 5 minutes tonight, and a story about New Zealand pops up, listen, says I, could be a story on ole Trumpy.

..........FLATULENCE TAX?????????........ [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Crud, there goes my dream of traveling to New Zealand. [Linked Image]
Posted By: old Appy Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/16/03 08:25 AM
Is a true thing $00.72c per cow per year is being muted.

for FART tax!!!!!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/16/03 09:38 AM
George,
This applies to the large number of Dairy cows over here, that are (apparently) generating the Methane gases that supposedly contribute to Global warming.
Any decent thinking person would (and should) find a way to harness this HUGE potential energy source.
This is just another way that our leaders can squeeze a bit more hard earned cash out of us mere voters. [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/16/03 09:58 AM
They've gotta be kidding! [Linked Image]

I suppose we'll all be subject to a CO2 tax at this rate. Anyone who declares that he will stop breathing will be exempt from the tax [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/16/03 01:42 PM
Trumpy,

Just curious, where is the money that's collected supposed to be going?

Bill
Posted By: Belgian Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/16/03 04:43 PM
And I thought that we Belgians are crazy with our triple tax for garbage. We first pay yearly tax for garbage, then we have to sort all the - glas, cardboard, food, pet bottles and cans, rest of garbage - seperately in different bags. The catch is that there is again tax on all the different bags!
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/16/03 06:06 PM
FLATULENCE...

...in cows is a good thing™

Otherwise, we'd have to cope with flying--and then exploding--cows.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/16/03 07:00 PM
Bill,
The money is supposed to be going to be used (read- wasted) to fund "Research" on the contribution of this to the "Green-house effect".
But you mark my words, It'll be going where the rest of our money, is going at the moment, straight into the Gov. coffers!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: old Appy Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/17/03 04:41 AM
Hey Trumpy is it just me or are we seeming to get more and more taxes all the time?

Ive had enough
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/17/03 06:44 PM
Appy,
Join the club, mate!. [Linked Image]
I think that this idea, clearly came from the Green's and the Gov. liked the idea as a means of wringing some more money out of our economy.
It's just like the Fuel and Road taxes, but DON'T get me started on that one!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/18/03 08:24 AM
It's just like the Fuel and Road taxes,

A very sore point with British motorists too, but I'd better not get started on that either... [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/19/03 01:22 AM
Guys,
I'm not too sure about this "Greenhouse Effect".
It is generally known and quite well documented, that the Earth, as it is, is known to have heating and cooling cycles, over periods of many thousands of years, this is how things like Ice Ages happen.
So are we paying all these taxes, because of Nature?. [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/19/03 08:08 AM
I'm still skeptical about the whole thing.

Back when I was a kid I remember there being worries over whether we were heading for another ice-age. Then we had the summer of 1976 which was about the hottest in living memory in Britain and broke all sorts of records.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/19/03 09:08 AM
Paul,
That's what makes me wonder!.
Is this just being manipulated to the advantage of a few, to tax the many. [Linked Image]
George,
I barely watch TV, I spend a lot of time fixing them though.
I don't watch TVNZ news, because it is biased, as most news coverage is these days, they only show you what they think you should see(which is normally all the sensationalised stories, eg: The Queen and the Royal Family, Animals, Politicians and Auckland, they should call it the 6pm Menagerie!.)
If I want news, I'll go and find it on the Net, if I am so inclined and I'll select the news that I want to see!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Just GOTTA know - 07/19/03 11:06 AM
Appy,
Did you hear about the "new" Fat Tax?.
For all of you fella's, outside of NZ, this is an added Tax on top of what you pay for food that has a certain % of Fat to it.
So, the next time we go and buy some McD or KFC(both TM's), we will pay 4-5% more, because some people cannot be bothered to get off the sofa and go and have a decent walk, or(dare I say it, a Run).
This is on top of the 12.5% GST we pay with EVERY purchase.
What do you guys think of this abborent tax?. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums