ECN Forum
Posted By: C-H Suggest a name! - 06/19/03 06:04 PM
I have some plans to get myself a real website. My current "site" (electricity.does.it) is a makeshift solution with a free subdomain linked to my webaccount at the institute of technology. I have a couple of pages that are almost finished, like FAQ's, on my harddrive.

Finding a webhosting service a at low cost isn't a problem. But I need to get a domain too and I can't come up with a good domain name.

I have been thinking about using "technical infrastructure", but it doesn't sound very catchy. I don't want anything with travel in it, as it won't be a travel site. Something with electricity in it doesn't cover the phone/television part.

All suggestions, including the silly ones, are welcome!
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Suggest a name! - 06/19/03 06:26 PM
The simplest solution -- how about using http://electricity.does.it as your URL?

Of course people would think the site is based in Italy. I'm sure some people (myself included) already thought that.
Posted By: Hutch Re: Suggest a name! - 06/19/03 08:23 PM
The-Global-Electron! [Linked Image]

BTW I wonder if there was any plug and cord devices on the Lunar Module Bases - de facto lunar standard [Linked Image]
Posted By: Belgian Re: Suggest a name! - 06/20/03 11:52 AM
How about international-electrical-standards.com or international-electrical-systems.com, or IES.com ?
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Suggest a name! - 06/21/03 02:52 AM
C-H,
Just an idea.(hope it doesn't suck too much)
How about plugs4U.com?

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 06-20-2003).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Suggest a name! - 07/08/03 11:56 AM
C-H,
This probably ain't much better than my last idea (and not much different either).
But, what about "international.plugs4U.com"
(I've checked this, it hasn't been used yet either)
Posted By: C-H Re: Suggest a name! - 06/15/04 01:57 PM
Update to this old thread: Site is up and running, named per Huth's suggestion.
www.global-electron.com

The more I work on it, the more work it needs... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 06-15-2004).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Suggest a name! - 06/15/04 02:58 PM
Looking good. I think you may have one or two little inconsistencies still to iron out.

I noticed that you have the Isle of Man listed as 230/400 on its own page, but included with the list of 240/415 in the statistics page.
© ECN Electrical Forums