ECN Forum
Posted By: C-H Clipsal brand - 04/25/03 07:03 PM
Is the Clipsal brand known to anyone of you? Any opinions on quality?

The reason I'm asking is that MCBs and RCDs from them have become quite popular in Sweden in recent years as the price is lower than the established brands. (They are sold under a different brand, with a blue and yellow logo in an allusion to the Swedish flag.)
Posted By: David UK Re: Clipsal brand - 04/26/03 12:52 AM
Clipsal are an Australian company, and are the largest manufacturer of Australian standard accessories down under. They are also very well known here in the UK.
I have used their UK standard accessories on a number of occasions, and found them to be of good quality, also easy to install.
I have not used any of their switchgear on the UK market, but I understand that it is manufactured in mainland Europe.
Try the Clipsal websites for more info: www.clipsal.co.uk or www.clipsal.com.au
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Clipsal brand - 04/26/03 10:04 PM
David,
You're right on the money, there.
Clipsal manufactures all sorts of Electrical gear in Australia, we use a fair bit of it over here in NZ.
C-H, the blue and yellow logo, is Clipsal's branding colours(for want of a better term).
They make pretty good gear too, it's all made in Australia too as far as I am aware, not China, like a few of it's competitors.
Posted By: C-H Re: Clipsal brand - 04/27/03 04:47 PM
Thanks for the info!

Looking around on their Australian homepage I found this new type of surface socket:
http://www.clipsal.com.au/wat_cur.c...ev4=0&lev5=0&pageid=4 21#link421

I suppose it had to come one day or the other. Question is, does it work?

Trumpy,
I was referring to this logo: [Linked Image from i.kth.se]

Is it the one?

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 04-27-2003).]
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Clipsal brand - 04/28/03 07:25 PM
I've used some Clipsal plugs - they do seem tough and well-made. No complaints here!!

HPN is also another big Australian wiring devices manufacturer.

Then there's Ringgrip/Mistral.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Clipsal brand - 04/29/03 05:56 AM
C-H,
That's the first time I've seen a socket-outlet that connects like that.
So I am told the wires are connected like a Krone telephone connector, ie:by the insulation displacement method, good for up to 20A apparently. [Linked Image]
Posted By: C-H Re: Clipsal brand - 04/29/03 03:40 PM
Apparently, Clipsal have more tricks up their sleeve. Here are UK 13A sockets which are IP56 in use.
http://www.clipsal.co.uk/Products/WhatsNew.aspx

What do our friends from the British Isles say of these?
© ECN Electrical Forums