ECN Forum
Posted By: old Appy This is how i would wire a 2 way switch - 01/13/03 08:03 AM
Shows 2 single light switches and intermediate switch and a 3 core (RYB) between the 2 singles. You could put as many intermediate mechs in as you like
CW
[Linked Image from homepages.slingshot.co.nz]

[This message has been edited by old Appy (edited 01-13-2003).]
Posted By: sanUK Re: This is how i would wire a 2 way switch - 01/13/03 11:43 AM
Its also the way to convert an existing 1-way lighting cct to a 2-way cct.
Posted By: pauluk Re: This is how i would wire a 2 way switch - 01/13/03 09:01 PM
This arrangement has been quite common in the U.K. since loop-in wiring for lighting became commonplace.

When junction boxes were used it was much more usual to see the common of each switch wired to feed and lamp.
Posted By: lyledunn Re: This is how i would wire a 2 way switch - 01/13/03 09:49 PM
Apparently this arrangement will have less affect on hearing aid induction loops. The largest public housing authority in NIreland actually insist on this method! Oh yes and dont forget your earths!

[This message has been edited by lyledunn (edited 01-13-2003).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: This is how i would wire a 2 way switch - 01/14/03 06:06 AM
Craig,
This is how I would personally, wire a two-way, as well.
I would run the straps in 3core+Earth, even though you have an extra wire at the other end(green), at least it complies!.
There are an endless combination of ways that you can effect this circuit, which can come in handy if you have to alter the circuit later on. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Scott35 Re: This is how i would wire a 2 way switch - 01/14/03 06:31 AM
May we add this (and other drawings) to the Technical Reference section?

Scott s.e.t.
Posted By: pauluk Re: This is how i would wire a 2 way switch - 01/16/03 05:06 PM
Scott,
Appy said go ahead and use it!

Craig,
I've deleted your response that you accidentally put into a new thread.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: This is how i would wire a 2 way switch - 02/10/03 06:01 AM
APPY,
How did you go about making up and submitting that diagram?.
Would love to know. [Linked Image]
Posted By: old Appy Re: This is how i would wire a 2 way switch - 02/10/03 07:31 AM
Trumpy,
I made the picture with Microsloth "Paint" and downloaded to my webpage then posted the link in UBB code in the above post, it took a while and i had to try a couple of times

Cheer CW
Posted By: Trumpy Re: This is how i would wire a 2 way switch - 02/14/03 06:02 AM
Craig,
Thanks for that, just wondered how you done it.
You have a website?, tell me more. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums