ECN Forum
Posted By: Jim M new internet window sizes - 09/12/07 11:19 PM
Is there a way to control the size of windows when they open when using IE? I am tired of the window opening up small and then I need to maximize it.

TIA,
Jim
Posted By: dougwells Re: new internet window sizes - 09/13/07 12:19 AM
I just did a "Control N" and it opened a new window full size. smile
Posted By: pauluk Re: new internet window sizes - 10/28/07 03:59 PM
If you right-click on a desktop icon, then go to properties, there is an option to have programs start up in a "normal" window, maximized, or minimized.
Posted By: Gloria Re: new internet window sizes - 10/29/07 02:13 PM
doubleclick the window's upper bar. No other idea
Posted By: gfretwell Re: new internet window sizes - 11/07/07 04:15 AM
If you have your windoze set up to remember window size, just make the tiled window full screen
Posted By: pauluk Re: new internet window sizes - 11/07/07 04:39 PM
And while you're at it, trash IE and use Firefox or some other web browser as well. smile
Posted By: jdevlin Re: new internet window sizes - 11/07/07 08:45 PM
If you have IE7 no need to open more windows. Just let them open in a new tab.
Posted By: Gloria Re: new internet window sizes - 11/15/07 04:19 PM
I personally hate new tabs. I also hate that xls and word closes all open documents by clicking the red x, sometimes WITHOUT saving or asking about saving the other open docs. I don't see the reason in this, and I wasn't able to find an option to stop this incredible behaviour.
Posted By: pauluk Re: new internet window sizes - 11/16/07 01:01 AM
With regard to multiple tabs on web browsers, I have no idea how IE7 handles it, but with Firefox there's a configuration option to prompt you before closing the program when two or more tabs are open.
Posted By: techie Re: new internet window sizes - 11/19/07 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Gloria
I personally hate new tabs. I also hate that xls and word closes all open documents by clicking the red x, sometimes WITHOUT saving or asking about saving the other open docs. I don't see the reason in this, and I wasn't able to find an option to stop this incredible behaviour.

Easy. Upgrade to a real operating system. Try Linux, *BSD, etc.. There are lots of options out there.

If you are determined to stick with BillWare, you might give OpenOffice a try as a replacement for Word and Excell.
Posted By: jdevlin Re: new internet window sizes - 11/20/07 02:02 AM
Originally Posted by pauluk
With regard to multiple tabs on web browsers, I have no idea how IE7 handles it, but with Firefox there's a configuration option to prompt you before closing the program when two or more tabs are open.
IE7 asks the same question. Do you want to close all tabs? with an option not to ask again next time.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: new internet window sizes - 11/20/07 08:34 AM
I can't say I'm a great fan of tabbed browsing either.
Inside Firefox I have it open any new page in a different window as opposed to a new tab.
This can be changed in the Tools menu of FF, if you click on Options then click on Tabs.

Posted By: Radar Re: new internet window sizes - 11/20/07 10:36 PM
I would have dificulty without tabbed browsing. At the moment I have a dozen tabs open, along with a half dozen applications running, so i'd hate to see my task bar if I did not use tabbed browsing.

I don't care much for Firefox, and we all know that IE sucks eggs. I once used Lotus Notes which has decent tabbed browsing, now I use another product called Avant Browser (http://www.avantbrowser.com).

I have a friend who uses Safari for Windows, but I've never tried it. I like Avant Browser well enough that it's all I use.

Radar
© ECN Electrical Forums