ECN Forum
Posted By: XtheEdgeX How Do I? - 01/08/06 10:13 PM
How do I put a picture of a schematic or wiring diagram in my post? I've seen a few posts with wiring diagrams in them, and I can't figure out how to do it.
Posted By: Radar Re: How Do I? - 01/09/06 09:27 PM
I believe it is the case that, like any graphic or picture file, if it already exists on the web anywhere, you can create a link to it, and it will display here. Otherwise, you will need to email it to a moderator for posting.
Posted By: JoeTestingEngr Re: How Do I? - 01/10/06 03:24 AM
But what file fomats are acceptable? I still do schematics & PCB layouts in Generic CADD 6.0. I catch alot of grief for that but I can export them in DXF format that AutoCad R12 can open. Well Administrators, what all can you deal with or do you want us to submit them so you can try your luck?
Joe

[This message has been edited by JoeTestingEngr (edited 01-09-2006).]
Posted By: Scott35 Re: How Do I? - 01/12/06 12:40 AM
FYI:

The only image formats that the Bulletin Board Software will support (for an attached image), are .GIF and .JPG

Need to convert images from other file formats into either .GIF or .JPG - this may be done via an image editing application (like Photoshop, etc.).
If you can export the image as a Windows Bitmap (.BMP), or possibly in a .TIF format, the image may be converted to .GIF or .JPG using the Windows Photo Editor application.

What format to use???

• Use .GIF for line drawings and non-photo-realistic images.
  • Use .JPG for Photographic images.

For text, simply "Copy & Paste" the text inside the message body that contains the image.

Need to first have your image(s) uploaded to some server in Cyberspace. Many options available for this, some better than others.
If needed, contact one of the site's Moderators for further information regarding uploads.

Once the images are set on a server, you can attach the image(s) to a new message body, using the UBB "IMG" tags.
See the FAQs page for details. https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/faq.html

Have fun!

Scott35
Posted By: XtheEdgeX Re: How Do I? - 01/12/06 04:15 PM
Thank you. I'll try that.
© ECN Electrical Forums