ECN Forum
Posted By: PEdoubleNIZZLE Print Servers Don't Exist! - 07/18/04 05:10 AM
I went to Best Buy to get a print server (makes a regular printer into a network printer for those of you who may not know.)
Due to my usual attention and memory problems, I forgot what they were called. So I asked the guy for "The thing that has a ethernet jack on one side and a usb jack on the other side that you use to network a printer." He told me that succh a device doesn't exist and that I'd have to buy a printer with network capability. Well, I knew these existed because I've seen them before, so I just walk around the corner where the routers were, and bam! Not only do they exist, but they had one the same brand as my router.The Geek Squad ain't got nothin on me!
Oh by the way, since these devices don't exist, and yet I have one, I either invented it or received it through divine intervention. Either way, I'm sellin them for $50,000 USD a piece. It might seem a steep price, but it's not like you can buy these print servers at Best Buy for $69.99 or so!
-Josh
Posted By: pauluk Re: Print Servers Don't Exist! - 07/18/04 08:52 AM
Sounds about right for the employees in these sort of places.

Baiting the guys at PC World with technical questions you just know they won't be able to answer is quite an entertaining sport too! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Big Jim Re: Print Servers Don't Exist! - 08/04/04 05:49 AM
I generally check BestBuy on-line before I head to a store to see if they actually carry what I want. By knowing the item, most times I can slip in, find it, and head for the cash register before I am assulted by one of their experts.
Posted By: Gloria Re: Print Servers Don't Exist! - 10/10/04 08:19 PM
Don't you worry, we have the same problem. I'm getting sick of asking something by phone, when they say, "no, that doesn't exist" and go intothe same shop and lift it off the shelf.
Posted By: Big Jim Re: Print Servers Don't Exist! - 10/12/04 05:13 AM
I saw a cartoon in an auto parts store the other day that seem to fit these situations.
It shows a customer at the counter pointing to something on a shelf. The salesdroid is saying, "It won't do you any good to point at it. The computer says we don't have any."
Posted By: pauluk Re: Print Servers Don't Exist! - 10/13/04 10:18 AM
ROTFL! [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums