ECN Forum
Posted By: mvrandazzo Reading CD off Laptop - 04/19/04 09:03 PM
Hi All,
Recently we started burning our church services to CD. We use CoolEdit Pro to level the volume and place tracks. I use a HP laptop with a 1.8G Mobile Athalon processor, 256mb RAM, 40G HD. Sunday I tried to load the service and I would get nothing in the program. I checked the file information in File Explorer and it only showed 1kb. Thinking I had a problem with a recent install of DirectX 9 I re-installed XP Home Edition. The problem persisted. I then tried to copy the file to the hard drive from Windows Explorer and it only copied the file as 1MB. The file still plays in MusicMatch and a CD player. I'm soooo confused. And it usually doesn't take much. I know this is a little off topic but I need to pull off the sermon for the shut-ins this week. I know I might just have to put it in my CD player and copy it to tape. Could it be a hardware or a software problem?
Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Reading CD off Laptop - 04/20/04 04:55 AM
MV...
Once you've burned your CD for playing in "normal" CD players, you can't just "cut & paste" the files back into your computer to play... What I'd do (unless you're using most of that 40gig harddrive) is get a program to convert your services from the CD into MP3 format... then you can save the .mp3 file on your computer.. windows should be able to play it... if not, go to http://www.winamp.com to download a free mp3 player with all kinds of cool add-ons [Linked Image]

If you need a program to create the .mp3 files try http://www.ashampoo.com
(Audiocenter v1.50) seems pretty handy for what you seem to be interested in doing..

If youre simply trying to play the CD in your laptop & windows media player is having a coniption... Winamp is a good alternative! [Linked Image]

Hope this helps you

-Randy
Posted By: Active 1 Re: Reading CD off Laptop - 09/17/04 01:51 AM
I got a new HP with a DVD player CD burner. I never got the thing to burn anything yet. I think HP had a update but I never think about it.

Tom
Posted By: Gloria Re: Reading CD off Laptop - 09/18/04 07:40 AM
If you have 1k file, it is only a shortcut.

[This message has been edited by Gloria (edited 09-18-2004).]
© ECN Electrical Forums