ECN Forum
Posted By: Scott35 Been away, but now I'm Baaaaack :) - 03/21/05 05:05 AM
Originally Posted in the "V-D-V" Forum, also cross-posted here and in the "Re: Computers and Internet" Forum

X-Posted text:

Hello everyone,

I have been away for some time - work and all that, but now I'm Baaaaack!!!
(think "Arnold" when reading the above italicized text!)

Had another Fixed Disk Drive gone Loco situation, which brought down the Machine I used (at the time) for ...ohh I love not using anymore ... Dial-Up Access, so coupled with loads O' work and the H.D.D. gone bad, I was stuck in "Real-Mode Land" and did not venture to "Virtual Land".
(please see the humor there... [Linked Image]...)

Well, things are much better! - like 1000³ better!

Got a brand-spankin' new Dell pizza box - with a 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 CPU (computer only - no peripherials), connected it to existing equipment and LAN (after resolving a few driver issues + some minor tweaks), now have big smile on face!!!
Plans for May include purchase of an additional new Gateway System - complete package minus printer.

The best thing of all with this whole situation ... Finally have an ADSL connection!!! ... Yee-Haw [Linked Image]

Piped the ADSL Gateway into the Ethernet Switch, configured each Work Station for Internet access via LAN - and WHOOO-YAHHH it's cool!

I vow to never return to an Analog POTS pipe, for normal use, ever again!!!

OK, that's all for this "PSA" (Public Service Announcement).

Scott35
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Been away, but now I'm Baaaaack :) - 03/23/05 11:30 PM
Welcome Back Scott,

I started posting a reply twice detailing my experiences with dialup but didn't get to finish. Anyway, it's good to hear you've got a fast connection now too!

Bill
[Linked Image]
Posted By: zed Re: Been away, but now I'm Baaaaack :) - 06/29/05 07:30 PM
Hello Scott,
Just wondering if your current email address is http://setelectric.electrical-contractor.net
Cheers Zed
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Been away, but now I'm Baaaaack :) - 06/29/05 11:57 PM
Zed,
You can send Scott35 an e-mail by clicking on the [Linked Image] icon above one of his postings. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Been away, but now I'm Baaaaack :) - 07/09/05 07:52 PM
Hola Zed & others at ECN.

Like Mike (Trumpy) mentioned in his message, you may contact me via E-mail using the "Mail-to" Icon, located in the uppermost header of the message window (within a posted message from myself).

It's the [Linked Image] Icon [Linked Image]

The same goes for contacting other members via E-mail.
However;
- if the "Mail-To" Icon is NOT included in a Member's posted message, try posting a new message in the General Discussion area, with attention directed to that Member's "User Name" in the topic subject heading.

BTW, the E-mail contact options at S.E.T. Electric have changed to:

General Mailbox:
webmaster@setelectric.electrical-contractor.net

Submit / Regarding Schematics:
postmaster@setelectric.electrical-contractor.net

I did receive your message, and you shall receive a reply today!

Hope the info here at ECN is helpful to yourself, and all others visiting here!!!

Scott35

edited to add tags to E-mail addresses... D'ohh!!! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Scott35 (edited 07-09-2005).]
Posted By: ShockMe77 Re: Been away, but now I'm Baaaaack :) - 07/10/05 07:13 PM
Hi Scott!

I marvel at your replies to many of the topics here. I've been an electrician for 15 years (mostly residential) and have very little schooling, but much hands-on experience. I recently took a job doing more commercial work then I've ever done before and I find your knowledge of the trade of much value. Your explanation of voltage drop in one of the other threads was brilliant.

So, thanx!
Posted By: zed Re: Been away, but now I'm Baaaaack :) - 07/10/05 11:07 PM
Hi Scott
Your reply has not reached me at my email address.
Could you please try sending it again.
Kindest regards.
Ivan
© ECN Electrical Forums