ECN Forum
Posted By: amp-man Elec. Calculator for PDA/Palm pilot - 11/22/01 04:03 AM
Anyone familiar with an application for the palm pilot that'll do electrical calculations (wire size, conduit fill, etc)?

Or an application for electrical estimating? (Seems like it'd be a great way to work up on-the-spot quotes accurately).

Cliff
Posted By: JBD Re: Elec. Calculator for PDA/Palm pilot - 11/26/01 02:31 PM
I have downloaded several different programs.
Including:
Conduit fill
Pcket Conductor Pro
MotorData
Fuse Sizing
Short Circuit
Ifound these all by searching the Palm site for calculator programs. By coincidence all of these were written by a Arismendi Z. Hernandez
Posted By: amp-man Re: Elec. Calculator for PDA/Palm pilot - 12/16/01 12:13 AM
Thanks, JBD.

Got the "Lectricalc" and "Conduit Fill" and find them very useful. Plan on adding the others.

I'm working up a estimating spredsheet so that I can quote a price on-the-spot for small jobs, ones I usually do w/o a written contract.

I figure it will do a couple of things--make sure that I don't forget something and underprice a job, yet allow me to quote a price on the spot while leaving a more professional impression with the client than if I just said, "well, lemme see, that's 6 can lights, a three way switch circuit...that'll be $WHATEVER."

In fact, many of my clients use PDAs and I think it'll be real cool to "beam" an estimate from my PDA to theirs...or at least me business card.

Cliff
© ECN Electrical Forums